Why did my brain quit working to solve the most basic of things?

From an Ironworkers perspective, it’s better to be in the bolt-up gang than the screw-up gang.😉

I know there’s a formula, but there’s no reason to memorize it, since the threaded length is usually easy to look up. Before the Internet, the McMaster-Carr catalog and Machinery’s Handbook were my go-tos.

I know there’s a formula, but there’s no reason to memorize it, since the threaded length is usually easy to look up. Before the Internet, the McMaster-Carr catalog and Machinery’s Handbook were my go-tos.
McMaster used to list the unthreaded portion, now on the grade 8 stuff, they just list 2" minimum thread which is about useless.

They are a reduced drive flange head. The washer is just slightly larger than the flange diameter so it is a perfect washer for what I am using it for. If I can't find the same then I may have to switch but I'd rather just get more of the same since they are made, they do have them, I just can't find them.
An960-6 is a mil spec washer used with 3/8 bolts, if you need the countersunk for a radius, try https://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf/nas1587.pdf