Why I love the TJ...

tman66

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I made this statement in my "hate the TJ thread" and while I really do love it, I had yet to figure out why, other then it takes me back to my youth, but not even that, it takes me back to being really young 4 or 5.

Sunday morning I was watchin some doc on the Roosevelts.

They were showing pictures of Teddy and Franklin on the campaign trail in the teens.

And I saw it.

And it hit me.

What does this roof line remind you of?
autos4986.jpg

These ladies are going doorless, but having been searching CL for some half doors.

f314d99c776a4da4641d6bb1f84a2f06--a-dog-antique-cars.jpg

Rollin' on 33's and thinking of getting some speaker lights.

model-t-ford-vintage-car-britain-1900s-ER5M70.jpg

Needs a "It's a Jeep Thing" spare tire cover.

autos2157.jpg

I'm going to guess if Henry Ford would have had his way and kept with the model "T", it would have wound up a Model "TJ".

"I told you Charlie you should have bought a Warn winch instead of that stupid body lift!"
woman-in-ford-model-t-car-on-muddy-road-with-man-standing-next-to-d1pnhb.jpg

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to get at is the Jeep could be the essence of early automobiling here in America.

And that is what puts a smile on my face everyday.

*Chris, I would have put this rambling under another section, like I try to do...but you'd just move it here. Move it where you would like it. :lol:

I've said it a million times before, these TJs are as simple as a modern vehicle can get. Yes, they have electronics and sensors, but the type of electronics they have are as simple as you'd ever find on any vehicle built after 2000. They're easy to work on, they're reliable, and they'll go forever if you take care of them!

Oh... and you can't beat the classic looks of a TJ!

That's classic! Disregard the advances in technology and our TJ's are Model T's! Genius!
The management wanted Ford to stop making the Model T many years before he was forced by the market to bring out the Model A. If the man would have just stuck to his guns, we would have had a TJ by 1935. :lol:

Oh... and you can't beat the classic looks of a TJ!

It's not just the looks, it's how it looks when you're driving it, (avoid looking at the 1997 mini-van dash) looking out the window, seeing the narrow hood...the fenders sticking out.

The metal that surrounds you, there is nothing like that left out in the world.

Another thing. Very few people just get in their car to "go out" in this day and age. Sure, kids are go cruise in anything.

The Jeep, it's something to do. Go out and explore the road untraveled. See what you can see. Just like when the Automobile first came on the scene and many,many years after that.

Look familiar?
8a12ab883fca29c7ee36bf5cb686a238--vintage-trailers-vintage-cars.jpg

MMMMMM, food tastes so much better when using Titanium sporks we got at the Overland Expo show this year.

7996.jpg

The TJ is one of the last modern vehicles that puts a smile on your face when you drive it.

It's just fun to drive. Any other vehicle, and I'm including the JKU, just feels like a normal vehicle. Something that gets you from point A to point B.

The TJ isn't like that. And sure, it's not a practical, economical vehicle. You can't have a large family riding in it, you can't haul a lot of stuff in it. Hell I haven't been able to figure out how to put my sons stroller in it yet.

Life's too damn short to drive boring vehicles.

I made this statement in my "hate the TJ thread" and while I really do love it, I had yet to figure out why, other then it takes me back to my youth, but not even that, it takes me back to being really young 4 or 5.

Sunday morning I was watchin some doc on the Roosevelts.

They were showing pictures of Teddy and Franklin on the campaign trail in the teens.

And I saw it.

And it hit me.

What does this roof line remind you of?
View attachment 18967

These ladies are going doorless, but having been searching CL for some half doors.

View attachment 18968

Rollin' on 33's and thinking of getting some speaker lights.

View attachment 18969

Needs a "It's a Jeep Thing" spare tire cover.

View attachment 18970

I'm going to guess if Henry Ford would have had his way and kept with the model "T", it would have wound up a Model "TJ".

"I told you Charlie you should have bought a Warn winch instead of that stupid body lift!"
View attachment 18971

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to get at is the Jeep could be the essence of early automobiling here in America.

And that is what puts a smile on my face everyday.

*Chris, I would have put this rambling under another section, like I try to do...but you'd just move it here. Move it where you would like it. :lol:
Good one. Those tops look more advanced than the one on my TJ