Why is my front end sitting higher than the rear after control arm install?

like i said he needs to turn the bolt around !
We are trying to find out if that is the only thing holding the chassis from moving. What he needs to do is center the swaybar and put some shaft collars on it to keep it that way. Then the bolt direction won't matter.

It is but the end of the bolt is caught under the frame and holding the chassis in the raised position. He needs to stick a prybar between the frame and swaybar and pry the swaybar over some and see if the frame drops at all.

Gotcha...all I caught was another symptom.

It is but the end of the bolt is caught under the frame and holding the chassis in the raised position. He needs to stick a prybar between the frame and swaybar and pry the swaybar over some and see if the frame drops at all.
pretty sure that has been said more than twice above...

Well, boys, the damn thing worked. Sway bar bolt was caught under the frame holding it up. Y’all figured it out! Unreal. Front shocks are measuring at 5.5” now and they’re feeling great. Front end is leveled out. I TRULY appreciate your help, and admittedly, I feel a bit like a dumbass...

Now on to that front passenger jounce bumper not being centered in the coil spring. It’s not nearly as bad as it appeared when the jeep was raised in my pics, but it’s not centered. It was that way when I bought it. It’s only on the passenger side. Driver side is all good.

Also - I had the track bar undone on the axle side to see if that was my issue. I’m trying to get it reassembled and it looks like it’s about 1/2” off so I can’t get my bolt in. Any recommendations? Ratchet strap?

Also - I had the track bar undone on the axle side to see if that was my issue. I’m trying to get it reassembled and it looks like it’s about 1/2” off so I can’t get my bolt in. Any recommendations? Ratchet strap?
Have someone turn the steering wheel with the tires on the ground and that will move the chassis over the axle so you can line the holes up to get the bolt in.

Good news is, that bolt is pretty damn strong.

LoL

Really incredible though that the shop didn't notice this when driving it out of their bay.
Not the bolt that is impressive. All he had to do was hit a reasonable bump on the way home and it would have bent the swaybar link mount on the axle down and likely the swaybar link.

Good news is, that bolt is pretty damn strong.

LoL

Really incredible though that the shop didn't notice this when driving it out of their bay.
well the shop that did it to me, had no fckn clue what happened. They were literally going to let me drive away lopsided to the passenger side

That was easy once you posted pics. Upper sway bar bolt sitting under the frame. Looks like several others saw the same thing. Easy fix. Congratulations.

i hope you turned the bolt around ??

Haven't had time to do that yet, but I will be flipping it. I was on the floor in my garage in between work meetings, and just haven't had a chance yet. Doesn't look like that bolt has been off since 2005 so hopefully it doesn't break when I take it off!

Haven't had time to do that yet, but I will be flipping it. I was on the floor in my garage in between work meetings, and just haven't had a chance yet. Doesn't look like that bolt has been off since 2005 so hopefully it doesn't break when I take it off!
It's more about centering the sway bar. There are two brackets that sit in front of the grille on the frame. If you loosen those, make sure the bushings are good, and center the sway bar left to right, then tighten them back down you should be fine. From the scratches on the frame it looks like the sway bar was already off center before it went into the shop.

Or just ditch it and get an anti-Rock or ORO-Swayloc. 😉