Why is my Jeep higher on one side?

Igoo65

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have a 1997 Wrangler with a 4 L and a five speed manual. I have added 4 inch curry springs and a savvy double ended adjustable control arms. Would anyone know why my jeep is leaning to the passenger side of the jeep? There is about an inch difference between the driver side and the passenger side.
Thanks for your help.
Igoo65

5B7E9E1A-A6A5-41F7-BBF7-A4A0A549B012.jpeg

I have a 1997 Wrangler with a 4 L and a five speed manual. I have added 4 inch curry springs and a savvy double ended adjustable control arms. Would anyone know why my jeep is leaning to the passenger side of the jeep? There is about an inch difference between the driver side and the passenger side.
Thanks for your help.
Igoo65

View attachment 156078
Disconnect both swaybars on one side and see if that changes anything.

Reactions: Igoo65 and matkal
My jeep has been like this for a while. I just assumed the cheep lift installed by the PO just had sagging springs

I have about the same amount of time on my Currie 4" springs and have this issue as well. Currently I'm in the middle of installing the mid arm. My hopes are that it levels out but I cannot see how uninstalling the springs and reinstalling them will change this.

Im sure this is not it, but I had a Shock that was stuck in the compressed position and it caused the jeep to lean. It was an inch off from one side to the other.

The springs can sag with time. The passenger side rear can often sag faster than the driver's rear due to the torque from the drivetrain compressing that spring more often.

You can try switching the springs side to side to see if that helps.

A short list of possible solutions:
  1. Add a spacer to the short side to level the Jeep
  2. Swap springs side to side
  3. Airbag the rear coils, plumbing them independently
  4. Install new springs
  5. Adjust the weight balance of the car

Reactions: Igoo65
The springs can sag with time. The passenger side rear can often sag faster than the driver's rear due to the torque from the drivetrain compressing that spring more often.

You can try switching the springs side to side to see if that helps.

A short list of possible solutions:
  1. Add a spacer to the short side to level the Jeep
  2. Swap springs side to side
  3. Airbag the rear coils, plumbing them independently
  4. Install new springs
  5. Adjust the weight balance of the car

6. Purchase just one spring from Rockjock that is the same rate but 1/2" longer.
https://www.rockjock4x4.com/CE-9131RH3