Why is there water on the passenger floor?

Any luck with a fix? We had a good storm here last night and now there's water pooling in the passenger footwell.

Hasn't happened with any rain prior to last night.
No fix yet, I tied using a water hose and no leak.

I cleaned the drain under the cowling and the AC drain , although my ac doesn't work.

When looking under the dash I see a water drop on the very under side of the passenger dash top almost to the corner where it meets the door.

And some water behind the passenger seat but I think that a different leak.

Frustrating! Gonna pull the carpet and treat/seal the floor to stop the rust at least soon.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Have a 2001 TJ I pulled up the carpet on the passenger side today and found a large amount of water sitting there rusting away the floor pan.

I went to a car wash about a week ago and about a week and a half ago we had very heavy rain, however both times I did not detect any water coming into the Jeep and I have my hard top on.

Does anyone know where the water could be coming from ? the drain plugs are all in place, should I have them out and run it in the summer without drain plugs?

Where is this mystery water coming from can't believe it's coming from up underneath off the road there are no holes in the floor pan in that area and I don't detect any water coming in from the inside top or down the windows or anything.

Thanks

Have a 2001 TJ I pulled up the carpet on the passenger side today and found a large amount of water sitting there rusting away the floor pan.

I went to a car wash about a week ago and about a week and a half ago we had very heavy rain, however both times I did not detect any water coming into the Jeep and I have my hard top on.

Does anyone know where the water could be coming from ? the drain plugs are all in place, should I have them out and run it in the summer without drain plugs?

Where is this mystery water coming from can't believe it's coming from up underneath off the road there are no holes in the floor pan in that area and I don't detect any water coming in from the inside top or down the windows or anything.

Thanks

I had the same issue and couldn't figure out what it was. I knew it wasnt the heater core because it was water and i had made sure the cowl vent was not clogged. Turned out to be the passenger door seal. If it is make sure you get the same oem one or something comparable because the cheap ones leak. Dont overthink it could be simple

I found light coming from the A pillar near the bottom and resealed the whole pillar with silicone. I assume the water was entering from there then going to the drain behind the dash causing the leak to pour underneath there then under the carpet. I tried the cowl cleaning and all that never worked but once I sealed the A pillar I haven't had a leak since.

Reactions: Leinhit
I had the same issue and couldn't figure out what it was. I knew it wasnt the heater core because it was water and i had made sure the cowl vent was not clogged. Turned out to be the passenger door seal. If it is make sure you get the same oem one or something comparable because the cheap ones leak. Dont overthink it could be simple
Door seal really $60 each? Piece of rubber sure expensive now days

When I had this issue, it was 100% the clogged drain on the hood. Cleaned it out of gunk and it's not happened since.

42951062841_4dbaa0ccb1_b.jpg

42236451244_50e50f730d_b.jpg

I do notice the windows fog up when I use the heater, BUT the coolant is 100 percent full..

I think this is another clue... Water/moisture in the heat vents.

Also the front passenger speaker no longer works and was rusted, h has to be from moisture behind the dash there.

I left the speaker cover off and I took off the top dash cover right next to the windshield so as to open it up for better viewing next rain storm.

We shall see...

Found my leak!!

So I took the left front speaker cover off and the top of dash that runs along the windshield.

Then a power washer to simulate driving force of a rain storm.

Here is a vid and pics.

Seems to me that it is the seal along bottom of the windshield where it can fold down..

** Suggestions on how to fix?

I doubt the windshield has ever been folded down.

It is leaking heavily along that seal on the passenger side and along the bottom of the A pillar by the passenger door. It could be the same leak just traveling.

4564119452b641365362e3b669331e02.jpg
da9b9e0506a11a843489e8cacc2c2640.jpg
6b79f3c1d4ce01c292d14daa21494d98.jpg

I found light coming from the A pillar near the bottom and resealed the whole pillar with silicone. I assume the water was entering from there then going to the drain behind the dash causing the leak to pour underneath there then under the carpet. I tried the cowl cleaning and all that never worked but once I sealed the A pillar I haven't had a leak since.
Found my leak... ! See post above for details..

funny you should ask this, was surfing youtube today and found this.

I had to use an old wired coat hanger to force all the muddy dirt and pine leave through my cowl drain out the bottom of far vehicle, if I had done what he did in that video it would never have worked. There are some better examples of that on YouTube

is it okay to hijack this post for a question about a similar problem? I don't know how to start a new discussion... sorry. I have a leak on the passenger side that drips from the bottom of the door frame about a 1/4 of the way in from the front. It leaks onto the floor mat. As long as the mat is pulled up under the lip of the door frame, the carpet does not get wet. I'm having a hard time figuring out where the water is leaking from. Any ideas?

is it okay to hijack this post for a question about a similar problem? I don't know how to start a new discussion... sorry. I have a leak on the passenger side that drips from the bottom of the door frame about a 1/4 of the way in from the front. It leaks onto the floor mat. As long as the mat is pulled up under the lip of the door frame, the carpet does not get wet. I'm having a hard time figuring out where the water is leaking from. Any ideas?
Weather strip around the door, maybe? Is it cracked or warped?

Honestly, I'd buy a new door weather strip and star there. I believe it's all one piece.
I have not replaced the weather steip yet but A little more detail. it leaked really bad when I was parked on a level surface 2 nights ago but last night I was parked with the front end slightly angled down slightly and we had a lot of rain and no leak.

I have not replaced the weather steip yet but A little more detail. it leaked really bad when I was parked on a level surface 2 nights ago but last night I was parked with the front end slightly angled down slightly and we had a lot of rain and no leak.
Permanent solution: 35" tires in the back, 30" in the front. That way you're always angled down. 😁

Reactions: 374gatorgirl