Wife said "trade TJ for a truck"!

lovemachine

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So yesterday my wife and I were able to drive a newer F150. Very very nice. 2014, with the V6 Turbo. Hmmm

My wife mentioned we could sell my TJ and buy a F150 quad cab.

I was speechless. I didn't know WHAT to say. I will admit the thought crossed my mind....

But I realized the F150 was too quiet, too comfy.....

But it WAS really nice.

So yesterday my wife and I were able to drive a newer F150. Very very nice. 2014, with the V6 Turbo. Hmmm

I was speechless. I didn't know WHAT to say. I will admit the thought crossed my mind....

But it WAS really nice.

Divorces are fairly cheap these days .. =)

So sorry to hear this....my wife is just waiting for her minivan lease to end and then is going to get a JKU. I have two TJ's and she knows that they will never leave....

Which one holds value and which one depreciates?

Buy that F150 and it will be worth next to nothing in 10 years. Ford F150s (and most Fords in general) have one of the worst resale values ever.

Don't believe me? Check your local Craigslist for 10 year old Ford trucks and see how much they've gone down in value.

Now do the same for TJs.

hmmm what to say that keeps you off of the couch and still keeps your tj in the driveway. My wife would never suggest we get a Ford. She knows my response would be after the laughter died down but she has been talking about getting something with third row seating. Hasn't mentioned selling the Jeep tho. Fortunately for me she likes it almost as much. I'm a firm believer in "happy wife happy life" but you have to draw a line somewhere. this looks like a good place to draw it. Good luck!!

Reactions: itsmojohq

But it WAS really nice.

I have both, picked up a 2014 F-150 late last year with 13K on the clock and I really forgot how much I missed having a pickup around. The V6 Eco Boost is a beast and I love it, but on the same note having the Jeep around is priceless too.

I must clarify, she was kidding around. She knows I wouldn't get rid of the jeep. I bought it brand new in 2005, and it was the vehicle we dated in. My son, who is 4 months old, will enjoy it next summer when we ride around with the top down.

I'll drive the jeep until it's dead.

I'd rather have a F150 or a Silverado than a Ram. The quality of the Dodge, ram, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles have gone down hill since Fiat stepped in.

I came straight here for the responses LOL. but speaking from experience, coming from an F150 to a Jeep I can honestly say I don't miss the truck at all.putting aside that it was as POS, there is no history to be proud of with a truck. no commadarie (spelling) with truck owners like there is with jeeps. no waving to another F150. It was just boring.
having the jeep, as you know is more of a way of life. keep the jeep.. and hopefully the wife at the same time LOL

Nothing can replace the feeling of no top and no doors on a nice summer day. That's one reason I would never sell the TJ (unless I was replacing it with another one).

That said, it's not our only vehicle and probably could never be (since we have a family). But, it is a vehicle that our entire family enjoys!

Reactions: Germanshepherd
I had an F250. What a piece. I haven't missed it a single day or even thought about it, except when people say, "Do you miss your truck?" to which I reply, "Getting rid of it was the best day of my life after marriage." I have a Jeep and I live a Jeep life. I live in truck alley (TX). Maybe I should re-phrase that, I live in white truck alley. Everyone has a white truck in TX. I had one too. I hated that the bed was always filthy. I thought it was stupid that 1/2 of my vehicle (the bed) hardly ever saw any use. I can pull a trailer behind a Jeep if I need to (and the trailer is bigger than the truck bed. If I had to get a truck I wouldn't get a Ford or a Dodge or a Nissan. Ford's are a nightmare to work on. Ask any mechanic. I'd get a Toyota Tundra or a Chevy with the 350, despite the V6 beast comment above. The Tundra is bullet-proof. The Chevy 350 is an iconic engine with parts everywhere. Easy to work on...F150 may drive nice today, but 5 years from now??? 10 forget it!!!

Reactions: Germanshepherd