Wife's JL left us stranded

Mhass

TJ Enthusiast
Lifetime Supporting Member
Returned from a sweet vacation last night and the wife's JLU wouldn't start. Also wouldn't shut off completely and was acting possessed.
Dash lights coming and going, wipers moving really slow, can't shift it out of park and the info center says we can't start it unless it's in park. It was in park.
Just a lot of weirdness.

Had it towed to the dealer (should be under warranty).

A little research indicates it's the aux battery a d it's a very common problem.

Dealer called my wife-they want $500 just to TEST the battery.
Recockulous!

Returned from a sweet vacation last night and the wife's JLU wouldn't start. Also wouldn't shut off completely and was acting possessed.
Dash lights coming and going, wipers moving really slow, can't shift it out of park and the info center says we can't start it unless it's in park. It was in park.
Just a lot of weirdness.

A little research indicates it's the aux battery a d it's a very common problem.

Recockulous!

Same thing happened to my wife's benz and the dealer said the same thing, "batteries of any kind are not a warranty item" They wanted similar $$, I was able to find them (at the time pre-covid) for about $60.

Just a lot of weirdness.

Recockulous!

So they want 500 to check battery in jeep that under warranty?

Reactions: lBasket
So they want 500 to check battery in jeep that under warranty?

Sheeit!
This mofo just told me they want $825 to change em!
I can get platinum batteries for both the main and aux for $365 and swap em in about 1/2 an Hour.
That's about a $1000/hour labor rate!
Shit! I make pretty good money, but not that good!

Sheeit!
I can get platinum batteries for both the main and aux for $365 and swap em in about 1/2 an Hour.
That's about a $1000/hour labor rate!
Shit! I make pretty good money, but not that good!

Changing them is the easy part. Do the JLs need the new battery "introduced" to the PCM, like in some newer German cars?

Sheeit!

1683063575556.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mhass