Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

What a gut punch. I wonder if this issue existed when you swapped engines with the PO.
I admire you for sticking with it through all of these issues. I can understand why, though.

What a gut punch. I wonder if this issue existed when you swapped engines with the PO.
I admire you for sticking with it through all of these issues. I can understand why, though.

That crack could have been there from the start and was just missed? And then finally grew to a point you couldn't miss it. Who knows? And at this point it really doesn't matter.

Thanks for the kind words. I am not sure how I can stick to it sometimes.

Reactions: lBasket
Reached out to the person selling the 5.9 in Moses Lake since he'd listed it as a newer low mileage engine......

Flipping thing has 175,000 miles on it. IMO that isn't low mileage. Looking on Car-Part.com I can get a junkyard 5.9 with around the same mileage for $600-1,100 depending on the junkyard.

Thinking about @Mike_H suggestion I could pick up this engine in Moses Lake and get the Jeep driving and then take my time building the 408ci engine. The hardest part would be adapting the modified fuel lines I have to connect to the stock fuel rails. It's a lot of work pulling the engine but it isn't impossible.
I'll wait until next week and see what happens with the machine shop and then go from there.

Dang dude! I've been bad at following along, but this development just plain sucks balls! I've had my share of disappointments with my POS, but your journey with this build is a challenge. I commend you for staying the course. You got this!

Reactions: Wildman
Dang dude! I've been bad at following along, but this development just plain sucks balls! I've had my share of disappointments with my POS, but your journey with this build is a challenge. I commend you for staying the course. You got this!

Bob,
Thanks. This POS has sure tired my patience as I've gone along that is for sure. This is just another bump in the road and I guess looking at the bright side is that I'd rather have all this happen now than when I'm on a trail and have to get drug off by @NashvilleTJ ... Cause that would really suck.

I'll get the new engine built and hopefully will finally hit some trails with it. And hopefully get to finally meet some of you too.

Bob,
Thanks. This POS has sure tired my patience as I've gone along that is for sure. This is just another bump in the road and I guess looking at the bright side is that I'd rather have all this happen now than when I'm on a trail and have to get drug off by @NashvilleTJ ... Cause that would really suck.

I'll get the new engine built and hopefully will finally hit some trails with it. And hopefully get to finally meet some of you too.

Many find it an honor to be hauled off the trail by Ol’ Nashville TJ. But you would’t believe what I charge…😉

Hang in there, Brother.

Many find it an honor to be hauled off the trail by Ol’ Nashville TJ. But you would’t believe what I charge…😉

Hang in there, Brother.

I always hate to be "THAT" guy... I really don't think I'd want to use Moab as my shakedown run..

I'm hanging but damn I feel my grip slipping now & then.

Cruising the forum, I found out tonight I wasn't getting notified of your thread updates (not the first time I'd found the forum isn't pushing alerts for a thread here or there...) so just read through your updates from mid-last week.

I'm glad someone pointed out that crack in the block because I pulled them out in a separate tab to point out as I read through as it immediate caught my eye. That's really shitting news... I agree with everyone's comments on your perseverance! We're all pulling for you and this project.

I 100% understand the sentimental factor. My Jeep was my first and I look forward to the experience with my boys and the chance to hand it down to them. I can't imagine just selling off your Jeep with all those memories with your daughter. Good on you staying the course.

I feel like anyone who gets frustrated over the little things in life/Jeep should be required to read your thread... you handle life's challenge with a 'get through it' and patience mentality! We all need that perspective in our own lives!

—-

I'm at the VA CLIMB center today using the robotic foot. It's made by a company called HumoTech. This foot can emulate different prosthetic feet by a software and circuit card change.

On another note, I was wildly impressed with how smooth you appeared to be walking with that prosthetic! Looks like a game changer! Good on you being a part of the study.

Cruising the forum, I found out tonight I wasn't getting notified of your thread updates (not the first time I'd found the forum isn't pushing alerts for a thread here or there...) so just read through your updates from mid-last week.

I've had issues sometimes where I won't get the push notifications too. Not sure why but you might want to just let Chris know.

I'm glad someone pointed out that crack in the block because I pulled them out in a separate tab to point out as I read through as it immediate caught my eye. That's really shitting news... I agree with everyone's comments on your perseverance! We're all pulling for you and this project.

I honestly don't know how I missed that crack as I was removing the cam other than the two spun bearings had caught my eye and was my main focus.

I 100% understand the sentimental factor. My Jeep was my first and I look forward to the experience with my boys and the chance to hand it down to them. I can't imagine just selling off your Jeep with all those memories with your daughter. Good on you staying the course.

I have hopes that once I have mine fixed I'll work on hers and we can make some new memories. I look forward to reading about you & your boys out enjoying your Jeep.

I feel like anyone who gets frustrated over the little things in life/Jeep should be required to read your thread... you handle life's challenge with a 'get through it' and patience mentality! We all need that perspective in our own lives!

We all hit those bumps in the road now and then. And believe me I ain't no saint when it comes to dealing with them sometimes. But there really isn't much I can do from here other than suck it up and move on. But thanks for the kind words.

On another note, I was wildly impressed with how smooth you appeared to be walking with that prosthetic! Looks like a game changer! Good on you being a part of the study.

I like to think that other than a small hitch in my getup I walk pretty good for an old fat guy. If I'm wearing jeans and you didn't know I was an amputee I think I look pretty normal.

Doing these studies will help future amputees with the research which is why I do this. Most likely I'll never see any of these be developed in my life time. But helping out others is what I look at and if I can help to improve the life of an amputee in the future then it's all worth it.

The other GOOD of this is that I get some serious exercise. Just like my last time there I walked over 7K steps and 3.5 miles.

I've had issues sometimes where I won't get the push notifications too. Not sure why but you might want to just let Chris know.

I honestly don't know how I missed that crack as I was removing the cam other than the two spun bearings had caught my eye and was my main focus.

I have hopes that once I have mine fixed I'll work on hers and we can make some new memories. I look forward to reading about you & your boys out enjoying your Jeep.

We all hit those bumps in the road now and then. And believe me I ain't no saint when it comes to dealing with them sometimes. But there really isn't much I can do from here other than suck it up and move on. But thanks for the kind words.

I like to think that other than a small hitch in my getup I walk pretty good for an old fat guy. If I'm wearing jeans and you didn't know I was an amputee I think I look pretty normal.

Doing these studies will help future amputees with the research which is why I do this. Most likely I'll never see any of these be developed in my life time. But helping out others is what I look at and if I can help to improve the life of an amputee in the future then it's all worth it.

The other GOOD of this is that I get some serious exercise. Just like my last time there I walked over 7K steps and 3.5 miles.

I'll drop a note/thread to Chris. Been thinking about doing that for a while. Good to know I'm not the only one seeing that issue.

You were focused on the problem you were looking at. Posting to the forum is always helpful to get more eyes to see what we may overlook in the moment...

You'll get there! Stay the course!

Thanks - Looking forward to memories with my boys when I get mine dialed in a bit more!

Agree - Would never be able to tell you were on a prosthetic if you were wearing long pants in that video. I've noticed a little cyclical-movement in your videos you've posted, I assume caused by your current prosthetic. I'm with you to hope these studies will help future users of prosthetics - amazing science being done on this front (and you're a part of it)!

Reactions: lBasket and Wildman

Usually I lose push notifications when I don’t see the last post of a thread such as reading the last one on a page and not advancing to the next page.

Usually I lose push notifications when I don’t see the last post of a thread such as reading the last one on a page and not advancing to the next page.

I've had that too where I've parked off a thread to read up and haven't finished thought it. And that's on me.

But I've had it where I know I've read the last one and don't get the latest update. Seems to be random in that case - so the best kind of issue for the coders to fix... ;)

Reactions: Wildman