Will 32X11.50x15R fit a stock Jeep Wrangler TJ?

GilbertMissouri92

I seen many, many threads and people asking this question. I myself had this question. I spent days trying to find the answers... “Will 32’s fit on my stock TJ with my stock aluminum canyon wheels?”
All I heard was NO, kinda, you need a lift, maybe, yes but no. I also read that you can only run 31X10.50s on a stock TJ and not rub. So I wanted to put this out their. I just put 32X11.50X15R’s on my 100% stock 2001 60th edition Jeep Wrangler and have Zero rub. I put Yokohama’s GEOLANDAR M/T G003. With that being said, at full turn I don’t rub. But honestly I wouldn’t off road, they look awesome and fill the wheel wells great, but they leave little room for offroad flex. Thanks guys. Just wanted to help anyone who might have this question like myself and couldn’t find a absolute straight answer.

You’ll rub the flares at some point I’d imagine. My 31x10.50-15’s on 15x8 procomp wheels with 3.75 inches of backspacing rubbed on my stock LJ. I did have some heavy bumpers and a winch on.

I dont know if the difference in backspacing world make that much of a difference.

A 2 inch spring lift cured my ailments.

Welcome to the forum. Post a picture of it.

There is no mystery here. Pull the coils out, cycle the suspension and find out for yourself.

Tell us how much bump stop is needed to keep the tires out of the front outer fender sheet metal. Then tell us what the remaining up travel is after the the additional required bump stop extension.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I've had the same question. We bought our 3rd Jeep last spring, and we are just now getting around to mods.
99TJ Sahara, with the 15x8 canyon rims(anyone know the backspacing on these? I can't find a firm answer anywhere).
I'd like to go from the worn-out BFG Mud-Terrains (31x10.50-15) to either a 32x11.50 or a 33x12.50. I don't mind doing a mild lift (2" +/-), but I don't want to get into messing with a SYE kit, extended brake lines, sway-bar disconnects, etc - and the added cost of everything else. While I would like to keep my factory rims, I'm not opposed to going to a 15x10, as long as the wheel/tire doesn't stick out too much past the stock flares.
*My other concern is putting 12.5" wide tires on 8" rims...seems pretty common, BUT not recommended by the various tire websites (TireRack, TireBuyer) and the manufacturers.
*This Jeep has the factory D-35 rear w/ 3.54 gears. We added a True-trac to the diff last summer during a rebuild.
It won't see a lot of off-roading, as it will eventually go to SE Idaho(think snow/ice/cold & 6000'+ elevation) to spend its "retirement".

I have 31/10.50/15 BFG on my stock Mopar Grizzly 15X8 alloys, no lift, and I do get tire rub when I turn the steering all the way L or R. Happens mostly in reverse but occasionally in forward. I don't want a lift and I bounce around in deep sand in the outer banks without issue, unless I turn hard. So I don't turn hard and ride on. Never been a problem but have thought about putting 1.25 spacers on.