Will a Rubicon 241OR transfer case bolt up to an AX-15 transmision?

rraulston

TJ Enthusiast
I am considering shedding the NSG370 and converting to an AX15 and have the complete parts list but don't know if my 241 will bolt up and be clocked correctly. Anyone know?? Thanks

I am considering shedding the NSG370 and converting to an AX15 and have the complete parts list but don't know if my 241 will bolt up and be clocked correctly. Anyone know?? Thanks
Should bolt right up.

But I would give Novak and/or Advanaced Adapters a call to confirm. They will def know, and if they say it doesnt, its likely one of them, prob both, will offer a solution to get it bolted right up.

A follow up post would benefit future searches. Goodluck!

Is the AX15 post 1994 build? And I believe you need a post 1992 to fit the TJ. This all is from reading. But worth some research.

Last edited:
It should indeed bolt right up. The only difference would possibly be the input shaft I believe, but if that is the case, it's easy to change over. It think that also depends on which year the AX-15 came out of.

If you buy the AX-15 new from Advanced Adapters (they sell them brand new for $1500), just ask them when you speak with them. They'll know for 100% sure.

Report back with what you find, as I'm curious myself.

Why get rid of the NSG370? Is it bad or does it need a rebuild? IMHO, not worth the effort of the swap for no real increase in strength. What do you hope to gain by the swap? If you were going to an automatic or something heavier, I'd understand but otherwise it's a lot of labor for little to no gain if you think about it.

Don't get me wrong here, I like the AX-15 myself but you still have to ask yourself at what benefit does the effort gain you?

RR

Reactions: Chris
Why get rid of the NSG370? Is it bad or does it need a rebuild? IMHO, not worth the effort of the swap for no real increase in strength. What do you hope to gain by the swap? If you were going to an automatic or something heavier, I'd understand but otherwise it's a lot of labor for little to no gain if you think about it.

Don't get me wrong here, I like the AX-15 myself but you still have to ask yourself at what benefit does the effort gain you?

RR
So what would you do?? Spend 2 grand to fix your nsg370? or spend 2 grand on a NEW AX15 and parts for a conversion. The cost is very close to the same, what will I be better off with for the money??