Will a TJ hardtop fit an LJ?

ryanr1015

Hi guys,
I have a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ, and I'm looking to buy a hardtop for it. As I've been researching, I'm starting to wonder if I could buy a TJ model hardtop and if it will still fit. (Note: just purchased my first Jeep this past August, so if this sounds ridiculous, forgive me)

No problem.

Factory LJ tops can be hard to come by for one in good shape. When you do, they demand a high price because they were only made 3 years.

Aftermarket companies do make tops for the LJs though. They aren’t usually cheap either. Mine came with a Rally Tops hard top. I had no complaints with it but removed it to install a soft top.

No problem.

Factory LJ tops can be hard to come by for one in good shape. When you do, they demand a high price because they were only made 3 years.

Aftermarket companies do make tops for the LJs though. They aren’t usually cheap either. Mine came with a Rally Tops hard top. I had no complaints with it but removed it to install a soft top.
No complaints for my rally top either, I was just looking for a hardtop for the winter.

No complaints for my rally top either, I was just looking for a hardtop for the winter.

Rally Top is a brand of hard top.

95DFDD28-E630-439A-A0C1-3126A388EEF2.jpeg

Reactions: ryanr1015
I bought a rallytop for mine, 2,000 ish. Definitely pricey but it has a full interior liner that helps deaden Sound nicely and looks good. I couldn’t find any LJ hard tips used for <1600 so the extra little bit to get new and choose some options made it worth it to me.

I was “lucky” because they shipped the wrong top (I wanted the split windows, they sent the solid) and they offered some cash for me to just keep it. Your mileage may vary.

Reactions: ryanr1015