Will a Warn 8274 winch work with the Savvy bumper?

BlownCJ

Supporting Member
Its clean trail tested and something I can mark done off the list . Problem is that I have searched and not found an 8274 mounted on the savvy front.

@mrblaine

I am making sure we are not going to impeade airflow to the cooling stack. That can open another can of worms.

Reactions: rasband
Will be running a manual transmission so the cooling stack will consist of
Radiator A/C and PS cooler. I know you guys run out in the heat there in the proving grounds and just dont want to set myself up for failure IE cooling issues .....

Reactions: PauoaTJ
Capture.PNG

Borrowed this from the interweb. You add the light bar ect that thing takes up a bunch of real estate. BTW thats some custom steering in the pic .

I can't answer as to fitment on a Savvy bumper but I've had one mounted on every Jeep I've owned over the past 30 years.
The blocking of cooling has never been a issue for me. I had a 8274 on my YJ when I was stationed at Ft. Ord near Monterey, CA.
It's my favorite winch hands down.

I can't answer as to fitment on a Savvy bumper but I've had one mounted on every Jeep I've owned over the past 30 years.
The blocking of cooling has never been a issue for me. I had a 8274 on my YJ when I was stationed at Ft. Ord near Monterey, CA.
It's my favorite winch hands down.
Thanks for the reply thats what I was looking for !

Reactions: Wildman
Will be running a manual transmission so the cooling stack will consist of
Radiator A/C and PS cooler. I know you guys run out in the heat there in the proving grounds and just dont want to set myself up for failure IE cooling issues .....
It's a complete/total non-issue for the OE Mopar cooling system.

View attachment 271967

Borrowed this from the interweb. You add the light bar ect that thing takes up a bunch of real estate. BTW thats some custom steering in the pic .
That’s my Jeep in the photo. I have since moved to a different setup. If anyone wants the warn 8274 plate pm me I’m selling it for cheap. As for the custom steering that’s a zj setup that was “customized” by rocks lol. I have also since moved onto Currie steering. The current bumper is custom built from a guy on another forum and I used a genright mounting plate and steering box skid.

AF5BE574-3708-424B-BA8D-27A57F1F2A1D.jpeg

Thanks for the reply thats what I was looking for !

I can't tell you which mounting plate will work with a Savvy bumper.
As Jerry said cooling isn't a issue. Even with my V-8 swap I never had cooling problems and I live in central WA where it's 100* during the summer.
Good luck.

I used the Warn mounting plate on my YJ. The one on my TJ is a custom setup .

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Thanks you all I appreciate all the replies. We had a jk with a 5.7 hemi and a getrash I mean getrag 238 6 spd swap that we ran for a few years that had opened a can of worms with the cooling system. I really do not want to travel down that road again !

Reactions: Wildman
Although I don’t have any pictures, and can’t currently take any because the parts are at the powder-coater, I used a Barnes mounting bracket with the Savvy front bumper/winch guard and OEM anti-roll bar. It’s a very tight fit, but it works. The back of the Barnes bracket needs to go very close to the anti-roll bar, and the winch guard ends up very close to the winch, but it does work. If you’re going with an Anti-rock setup, there’s much more room, but it does work either way, in my experience.

Edited to add picture:

Savvy-Warn.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Although I don’t have any pictures, and can’t currently take any because the parts are at the powder-coater, I used a Barnes mounting bracket with the Savvy front bumper/winch guard and OEM anti-roll bar. It’s a very tight fit, but it works. The back of the Barnes bracket needs to go very close to the anti-roll bar, and the winch guard ends up very close to the winch, but it does work. If you’re going with an Anti-rock setup, there’s much more room, but it does work either way, in my experience.
Thats great and I can fit the mount in the ironworker and punch some holes to customize it maybe sodium bronze the barnes logo before it goes to powdercoat! I have an anti rock !