Will a YJ hardtop fit a TJ?

Rubirob

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys I’m looking at a YJ hardtop I saw on Facebook.. wondering if it fits the same as a TJ one.. I’m guessing it will as the doors can be switched between them..

Also she is asking 1250$ for it, it looks a little faded but from what I can tell glass looks good.. is that a fair price?

And last question.. anyone have a aftermarket hard top they love? Maybe one with a sunroof or t-top style? I will add pics of the one I am looking at soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it’s been modified, no. The windshield channel between a YJ and TJ are completely different. Otherwise they fit the tub the same.

As for aftermarket, I wouldn’t know. What I DO know is 1). Stay away from Smittybilt hardtops and 2). Depending on where you live, the paint jobs don’t hold up very well. You may want to hit it with a good UV clear coat and 3). Make sure you get one from a company that offers window replacements in case one breaks.

you should be able to find a TJ hardtop in good shape for about a grand, I see them all of the time.

Reactions: billiebob
I always recommend to get a factory top. They look and fit great .

Reactions: lowranger
Haha thanks guys, for some reason I thought hard tops in general were pretty expensive. I’m seeing ones online for around 600-700 brand new.. then going all the way too 2000$. As you guys could have guessed I didn’t get the ya one. I appreciate the feedback

Reactions: Twopoint
Haha thanks guys, for some reason I thought hard tops in general were pretty expensive. I’m seeing ones online for around 600-700 brand new.. then going all the way too 2000$. As you guys could have guessed I didn’t get the ya one. I appreciate the feedback

Can you tell me where you would get this? I have ordered my top and it is $2500