Will all automatic transmission radiators fit all years?

I'm not entirely sure what changed on the radiators over the years that caused them to have different part numbers, so I can't be 100% sure.

I found out the same thing today... i called tbe Jeep dealer... mopar has discontinued my 97 radiator.. :/

They're slowly discontinuing everything! Soon we will be at the mercy of the Chinese. Either that or just swap in V8s, haha.

They're slowly discontinuing everything! Soon we will be at the mercy of the Chinese. Either that or just swap in V8s, haha.
Ugh, better start buying up and stocking good parts now, that's my strategerey...:)
Hey a little v8 wood b a nice alternative, and they would fit nicely... (I measured)

Reactions: Chris
Ugh, better start buying up and stocking good parts now, that's my strategerey...:)
Hey a little v8 wood b a nice alternative, and they would fit nicely... (I measured)

True. And the nice thing about those V8s is that unlike the 4.0, there's so many friggin' parts available for them (and likely always will be), due to the mass amount of aftermarket support for them. All the aftermarket radiator for the 4.0 are just garbage as far as I've seen.

Reactions: KCsTJ
Ahhh, I knew Jerry would know! Sounds like you're golden then.

You can pick them up for around $270 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049ELCF0/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Knowing that they're starting to discontinue these things, I'm going to pick a few (yes, a few) up for myself, just because I plan on dying with my TJ... haha.
Amazon doesn't have any for my '98 TJ with the 4.0 and 5 speed. Fortunately, I did find a number of vendors that still do. Basically all right at $275-ish shipped. All factory Mopar. Going to order one...

Reactions: Chris
Amazon doesn't have any for my '98 TJ with the 4.0 and 5 speed.
It's OK if it says it's for an automatic. It just includes the additional cooler connectors for the automatic transmission you don't have. Jeep shipped all TJs with automatic style radiators whether they had a manual or automatic transmission.

It's OK if it says it's for an automatic. It just includes the additional cooler connectors for the automatic transmission you don't have. Jeep shipped all TJs with automatic style radiators whether they had a manual or automatic transmission.
I thought that might be the case. I've been forced to do that in the past with some vintage iron, but am just not as familiar with the TJ's radiator. Good to know it's an option. Thank you, @Jerry Bransford for that. :)

So hypothetically, I should be able to find a mopar radiator (to fit my discontinued 97) as long as I'm willing to match up or realign the coolant lines if need B?
Yeah, that's the beauty of TJ Jeeps, very easy to modify but if you are not mechanically inclined, get some shop to do it for you for the cooling system is one important life line of the vintage 4.0L engine.

Reactions: KCsTJ