Will bad downstream O2 sensors cause the upstream O2 sensors to go bad?

I wouldn't rule out a wiring issue given all the weird symptoms, especially the sensor harness that runs all the way to the fuel pump in the back. The sensor return (aka sensor ground) touches a dozen engine sensors (incl 02), switches, and clock-spring before feeding into pin C1-A4 on the ECM. I also have a gremlin that keeps coming back causing poor idle, stumble at mid-rpm. I'm fixin' to pull the whole under-neath harness out, pull all the loom, inspect-repair, and reinstall. Loom is cheap. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit in the next few weeks.

First, I'll pull the lower cover off the steering column and recheck all the connectors going to the clock-spring since replacing that cleared it up before. I'm also going to check the resistance from the sensor ground at the speedo sensor to C1-A4 and wiggle a few things. Might get lucky.

I wouldn't rule out a wiring issue given all the weird symptoms, especially the sensor harness that runs all the way to the fuel pump in the back. The sensor return (aka sensor ground) touches a dozen engine sensors (incl 02), switches, and clock-spring before feeding into pin C1-A4 on the ECM. I also have a gremlin that keeps coming back causing poor idle, stumble at mid-rpm. I'm fixin' to pull the whole under-neath harness out, pull all the loom, inspect-repair, and reinstall. Loom is cheap. Just waiting for it to warm up a bit in the next few weeks.

First, I'll pull the lower cover off the steering column and recheck all the connectors going to the clock-spring since replacing that cleared it up before. I'm also going to check the resistance from the sensor ground at the speedo sensor to C1-A4 and wiggle a few things. Might get lucky.
Yup! Haven’t ruled out the harnesses I been looking around at all of them.

I did it myself. Yes. Feb 28/2018.

I might add this. 2 days before 0344 popped up along with 0038 and I replaced the camshaft position sensor etc. I took the skid plate off and cut the rear cat off and replaced with a straight pipe to see if I could increase my horsepower and overal performance etc ... after replacing the CPS I decided to reinstall the rear cat again. I then replaced the b1s1 sensor. The following day along with 0038 I got 0058, 0152 and then later on got 0132 Even though just replaced it. The week before that was my power steering pump. It blew and got fluid all over my engine. Could this have maybe caused all this trouble? This Jeep lately ....holy hell

View attachment 139066
Did you use a Mopar CPS when replacing or aftermarket. I read in your OPDA thread that you changed your OPDA out. TJs typically don't respond the non Mopar CPSs. It is recommended to reuse exosting Mopar CPS when replacing OPDA with new Crown unit.

Reactions: Chris
@RaymondT brings up a good point with the wiring harness issue. That's a real possibility as well. All it takes is a loose or open wire to cause all sorts of issues like this as well.

Reactions: Leahatrill