Will I need extended lug nuts for new rims?

PalmettoStateBob

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looking at purchasing a set of Ion bullet hole rims. I have a set of Vision Prowlers on now and they just don’t look right. With the Vision I needed extended lug nuts on rear but not the front. Lugs were covered with the Vision but will be exposed on the Ion. So I need matching acorns, but not sure if I need extended with the Ion? Anyone have experience with this?

I’m not familiar with those specific wheels but I got extended lug nuts on my OEM Moabs just because of the tire size (285/75R16). I use Gorilla lug nuts and a Gorilla tire iron to get the handle out away from the tire sidewall so I can turn it without scraping knuckles on rubber.
I know that wasn’t your question exactly but you might want to get extended nuts anyway, just for the rubber.

Reactions: PalmettoStateBob
I’m not familiar with those specific wheels but I got extended lug nuts on my OEM Moabs just because of the tire size (285/75R16). I use Gorilla lug nuts and a Gorilla tire iron to get the handle out away from the tire sidewall so I can turn it without scraping knuckles on rubber.
I know that wasn’t your question exactly but you might want to get extended nuts anyway, just for the rubber.

I ordered a set of extended from Billet Specialties. Thanks

Reactions: Jerry Bransford