Will my Dana 30 spider gears work with my new carrier?

Kinardg7

So I have all the parts for my gear change sitting in the shop, but I need to know if my spider gears from my 3.07's will transfer into my new carrier. I plan on putting a lunchbox locker or a powertrax no slip but for now, I need to know if I should order new spider gears or not. Thanks in advance!

Carrier break for a 30 is 3:55...what ratio are you installing?

I believe a lunchbox lockers works on both the 3.07 and the "thick cut" carrier after 3.55. I'd contact the manufacturer's tech support for specific product guidance.

-Mac

Going with 4.88. Im not worried about the locker in the front right now, I just need to know if my spider gears from the 3.07 carrier will fit the 3.55+ carrier.

Gotcha and good question...I'm doing a 4.88 regear too...I splurged and bought Super 30/35 e-lockers.

The lunchbox locker should work...the 3.07/3.55 carriers are identical short of the actual location of the gear face.

-Mac

Gotcha and good question...I'm doing a 4.88 regear too...I splurged and bought Super 30/35 e-lockers.

The lunchbox locker should work...the 3.07/3.55 carriers are identical short of the actual location of the gear face.

-Mac
Just so I understand, you're saying the shop should be able to re-use the spider gears in my front diff?