Will these American Eagle Alloys 15x10 fit my TJ?

JohnJ78

TJ Enthusiast
Seller says stud patterns are 5x4.5 & 5x4.75. Apparently they fit a 79 CJ. Thanks

jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

Yes, Jeep TJs are 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Having said that 10" is not a preferred wheel width.

CJs have a 5X5.5 bolt pattern FYI. What size tire are you going to run on them? If it is a typical 12.50 wide Mud Terrain, the 15X10 width should work fine. Many people who wheel in the rocks a lot would prefer a 15X8 for better bead retention off road, but it really depends on what you use your Jeep for. On the street, 15X10 is actually better. If you are a rock monster, then 15X8 will be less problematic offroad, although my wife's TJ has had 15X10s on it for 11 years and we have wheeled it hard on the rocks aired down to 10 PSI with no bead retention problems. One more note, aluminum wheels typically hold a bead better than steel wheels because the bead retention ridge on aluminum wheels is usually more pronounced.

What size tires will you be mounting onto them? The wheel's 10" width is too wide for narrower tires like 9.5 through 11.5" and is barely the right width for 12.5" wide tires in some uses.

It really depends on what size tires he is going to run and what he uses the Jeep for. For almost any 35X12.50R15 tire made, the manufacturer recommended wheel width range is 8.5" - 11.0". If the Jeep is used mostly for street and mild offroad, he should stay within this range for best treadwear and balancing results. If he is doing heavy rock crawling, 15X8 will provide better bead retention and a little more protection for the edge of the wheel from the rocks. That is the only reason to run an 8" wide wheel with a 12.5" wide tire.

If he is doing heavy rock crawling, 15X8 will provide better bead retention and a little more protection for the edge of the wheel from the rocks. That is the only reason to run an 8" wide wheel with a 12.5" wide tire.
It doesn't require rock crawling to benefit from a 15x8 wheel with a 12.5" wide tire. There are plenty of offroad activities besides rock crawling that benefit from single-digit tire pressures where the narrower 8" width can help keep the tire bead seated more effectively.

I never cared about the narrower width being better protected by the tire, my sole reason for running 15x8 wheels with 12.5" wide tires is so there's a significantly reduced chance of the tire unseating with single-digit tire pressures. It take more air pressure to keep a tire seated against two edges 10" apart than when they are 8" apart.

Reactions: suicideking
Let's hear what his intended use is. That is what really matters. Until then we are just debating for the sake of debating. Neither of us is wrong. It just depends on his application.