Will these tires fit?

Craigesmith52

I recently bought a 1999 TJ sport which has 31 X 10.5 R15 Michelins which need to be replaced. I have a friend offering me a set of 245/75R17 and the rims as he bumped up his overall size on their new Wrangler. My question is whether this new tire size on the rims will work or is the only true litmus test going to be to put one of the new tires/rims on the front to see if the clearance will work.
The existing tires work okay but if you really crank it to the left or right hard I hear where it is rubbing but when I look under the vehicle, I can't tell where the contact is happening.

No such thing as a 245/755R17

Fix your typo please, then we can help 👍

That comes out to a 31.5” x 9.5 tire.

It will fit fine, but you’d be best off with a 2” lift for that size tire.

Thanks for the quick reply. That looks to be a pretty pricey add on so have to reconsider. Thanks again.
They will fit, but ideally a 1” body lift is an easy and cheap way to make them fit mo’ better. LOL.

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I run 255x75x17 on JK rims with 1.25" spacer adapters; there was no rubbing on the highway and mild trails with a sagging stock suspension although I later replaced the stock sagging springs with new 2" springs. This combination works good with new bump stops and shock absorbers of the proper length.