Will this D-ring bumper work for flat towing?

24' Class C works great for us. Looks like Bob and I have the same thought.

IMG-9366.JPG

IMG-7346.JPG

So I'm leaning closer to the Currie Tow mounts and maybe the Savvy bumper. Do they sell bolt in clevis mounts for the top of the bumper in place of the factory hooks. Like the on the top of this one
Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 8.24.05 PM.png

Piggybacking on this thread. I'm in the same boat. Already have a Poison Spyder front bumper and Anti-Rock Sway bar on my TJ. The RockJock (formerly Currie) tow bar mounts look like they use the existing lower bumper mounting bolts, as well as additional ones that I have to drill up into the frame with the retaining nut saddled in the cross-tube in the front of the frame. Has anyone installed these before? Does it interfere in any way with the sway bar?

Piggybacking on this thread. I'm in the same boat. Already have a Poison Spyder front bumper and Anti-Rock Sway bar on my TJ. The RockJock (formerly Currie) tow bar mounts look like they use the existing lower bumper mounting bolts, as well as additional ones that I have to drill up into the frame with the retaining nut saddled in the cross-tube in the front of the frame. Has anyone installed these before? Does it interfere in any way with the sway bar?
I didn’t go with the Currie mounts and decided to use some mounts that bolt to the top where the hooks go if I ever tow. The guy that did my gears has this set up he’s used for years. Kind of looked like 2 tow hitches that bolt on top.

Yeah, it's been said here before. Don't trust the D ring tabs for long. When I towed my jeep I installed through tabs. Front or rear, if they're welded on they won't last long. At least under towing conditions.

God help you if they are welded aluminum.

20171004_102247.jpg

20210117_135803.jpg

Yeah, it's been said here before. Don't trust the D ring tabs for long. When I towed my jeep I installed through tabs. Front or rear, if they're welded on they won't last long. At least under towing conditions.

God help you if they are welded aluminum.

View attachment 218792

View attachment 218793
Why don’t anyone use the d ring tabs I don’t want to drill into my bumper and put these on,are the d rings safe ,I called smittybilt on a classic bumper and they said it was safe?