Will this storage box fit behind my rear seat?

Ebo

I found this box. I am curious if it will fit behind my back seat. I am looking for a way to secure valuables. I am not currently in country or I would just measure myself.

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 5.52.22 PM.png

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
Have you measured your back trunk space? That's where I would start.

You also haven't told us if you have a regular TJ, or an Unlimited (long wheel base) model. That makes a huge difference in terms of trunk space.

I found this box. I am curious if it will fit behind my back seat. I am looking for a way to secure valuables. I am not currently in country or I would just measure myself.

View attachment 113747
I'm thinking it would barely fit the width, but the third brake light contacts would be in way on the depth, also seat back would have to fold forward to be able to open. This is for a TJ, if lj it would probably work.

The tuffy storage lock box that fits the space behind a TJ seat is 11" on the bottom. The outlaw box probably wont fit behind the seat.

Tuffy dimensions:
Part #039
Exterior Dimensions: (Length is Tapered) 7”L (top) 11”L (bottom), 34 1/2”W, 15”H

Edit: I don't know if Tuffy makes it anymore but if you can find one used grab it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ebo
If you've got the money look into a security trunk by Tuffy. I have one in my Jeep. PO put it in. It basically takes up that space behind the seat when not folded. But you access it by opening the tailgate. It uses up that room pretty efficiently.

I don't see mine made anymore. It has a shelf in it. But this one uses up that entire space behind the un folded rear seat. It's more integrated into the tailgate. As it uses the steel tailgate as one side of the box. It's a much nicer solution in my opinion.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-491-tuffy-1997-2006-tj-wrangler-security-tailgate-enclosure.aspx
I use mine for tools, fluids, spare parts etc. etc. I don't use it as often as my Tuffy security glove box. But it keeps all the things I normally leave in my Jeep under lock and key. They'd have to punch the tailgate lock to get into it. Which could happen. But I don't leave anything in there that couldn't be replaced.

I'll tell you what I do use on a daily basis is that Tuffy security glove box. That thing is worth whatever it cost the PO. My prescription sunglasses in a case goes in there. As does my stereo's faceplate. I have extra glasses. And all the Jeeps paperwork. My phone charger. Ya someone stole mine. So now I have to keep it in the glove box. You'd probably have to rip the entire glove box out and take it someplace to use an angle grinder on it to get into it. Great when the tops off. Or even when on as I don't leave my doors locked for fear of something cutting the soft top.

https://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-119-tj-security-glove-box.aspx
At around $200 each. They are kind of spendy. I mean it's not a toolbox from Walmart. But they are VERY much worth the money. Especially the glove box. But the trunk box is great too. As it provides a very large space for putting your tools and emergency equipment. And if you looked in the back of my jeep with the seat not folded in it's upright position. I don't think you would immediately think there was a whole trunk back there.

Last edited: