Will YJ Sahara seats fit in a TJ?

TJJP18

For my Jurassic tribute TJ, I'm debating on purchasing a set of YJ Sahara seats I've located, since that's what was in the film.

I know the backseat it totally inapplicable, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to mount yj fronts on my 03 tj brackets? My hope is there may be a simple adapter, but I'd love some tips if anyone has ever done anything similar.

@TJJP18

7B7F4BA3-F53C-47C2-8D07-F3EF07066436.jpeg

19EE3CA7-3934-4C54-95D0-C562F3635654.jpeg

Last edited:
The answer to your thread title is so easy I'll answer that. Yes it will fit in a TJ. Heck, all three YJ seats can probably fit in the back if you take that seat out.

As for the answer the actual question in this thread, hopefully my bump to the top will help with that.

@Hog is your go to for inter generational parts transfers on Saharas...he runs the Sahara division on here...see if he will sign off on it since it's a tribute vehicle.

@Hog is your go to for inter generational parts transfers on Saharas...he runs the Sahara division on here...see if he will sign off on it since it's a tribute vehicle.
U gotta stop people might actually think your for real @AndyG 😂..but I imagine you can get them to fit.. U might need some risers cause they will probably sit lower in Tj. Anything is possible with a drill and a welder.. good luck.. post the results

U gotta stop people might actually think your for real @AndyG 😂..but I imagine you can get them to fit.. U might need some risers cause they will probably sit lower in Tj. Anything is possible with a drill and a welder.. good luck.. post the results
Wait'll I trick people into showing up at your house!

Reactions: John Cooper
I really appreciate the responses! Thanks so much, everyone!

The more I look at examples of the Sahara underside, I think a simple aftermarket adapter to hook it up to the 03 brackets is all it'd take. I'm just overwhelmed looking at them all. I think ultimately we're going to have to wait to commit to a set of seats first. The set's driver side is more damaged than we are comfortable committing to get repaired on a low budget. We may wait until we find the right set of YJ Sahara's and have time to research this more.

I only bought the Jeep and started this all in May. I've been lurking until I had something I couldn't any previously posted information on. Thanks so much for the input and thanks for the warm welcome! Please keep the ideas coming!

Make sure to check out the Insta if you're into that!

Um, you left out "grinder".

Reactions: Hog
For my Jurassic tribute TJ, I'm debating on purchasing a set of YJ Sahara seats I've located, since that's what was in the film.

I know the backseat it totally inapplicable, but I'm wondering how difficult it would be to mount yj fronts on my 03 tj brackets? My hope is there may be a simple adapter, but I'd love some tips if anyone has ever done anything similar.

@TJJP18

View attachment 192010

View attachment 192016
Hell, I put BMW leather sport seats in mine.
If there's a will, there's a way.

Last edited: