Willys Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebra12

TJJ78 and TJJ77
Supporting Member
@Squatch You need this. Get rid of that new to you tub, extend your TJ frame, and go.

Screenshot 2021-05-27 11.56.55 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-05-27 12.01.21 PM.png

@Squatch You need this. Get rid of that new to you tub, extend your TJ frame, and go.

View attachment 255190

View attachment 255194
There's a fella I used to work with who has a '62 2wd wagon sitting in his garage. It's 100% original. He remembers his entire family flying out to the factory to pick it up, and then starting their family vacation from there for a couple of weeks, breaking in the new Jeep. He offered it to me for $1,500, but the motor was seized up, and I didn't have the time to deal with it. Besides, it was a 1-piece windshield, and I much prefer the 2-piece windshield, such as this '59 has. (y)

There's a fella I used to work with who has a '62 2wd wagon sitting in his garage. It's 100% original. He remembers his entire family flying out to the factory to pick it up, and then starting their family vacation from there for a couple of weeks, breaking in the new Jeep. He offered it to me for $1,500, but the motor was seized up, and I didn't have the time to deal with it. Besides, it was a 1-piece windshield, and I much prefer the 2-piece windshield, such as this '59 has. (y)

I can barely make it out but I think this is a 2-piece windshield.

FGJDFA7E180-05B6-488E-9F3B-F55D803954A8.jpg

Ian Johnson has a series of videos on youtube where he built a Wagon on a JK frame.

I always thought this build was cool. http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/163-1212-1962-willys-wagon-first-drive/

That's a great build series. I particularly liked details like how he rebuilt parts of the body with 3/16" plate vs. sheet metal and how he built the dashboard.

Regarding frames, his is a JK as you say. An LJ is also a good one as apparently the wheel base is only off by 1".

Last edited:
Reactions: Squatch and zebra12
Status
Not open for further replies.