Winch Mount Question

wkelley70

I recently purchased a Warn VR Evo 10 (it was cheap) for my 2006 LJ and am looking for advice on how to mount the winch?

Currently I have a factory bumper and have seen fairlead\mounts that allow me to retain the factory bumper. That is one of my thoughts. I am also considering the purchase of an aftermarket bumper.

One thing I noticed about the aftermarket bumpers is that most of them are made of 3/16" steel. Is 3/16" steel strong enough for a winch?

I recently purchased a Warn VR Evo 10 (it was cheap) for my 2006 LJ and am looking for advice on how to mount the winch?

Currently I have a factory bumper and have seen fairlead\mounts that allow me to retain the factory bumper. That is one of my thoughts. I am also considering the purchase of an aftermarket bumper.

One thing I noticed about the aftermarket bumpers is that most of them are made of 3/16" steel. Is 3/16" steel strong enough for a winch?

You can add a winch mounting plate to a stock bumper. Just make sure it mounts through the stock bumper into the TJ frame rails. Once you do that you are absolutely fine. 3/16" is absolutely thick enough steel for a winch.

Reactions: Plumber1 and RINC
1702155789284.png

Get one of these, most inexpensive way to go. Can use your OEM bumper under this as well. Don't need no heavy front bumper, unless you plan on pushing stuff/cows/rocks/etc with it ??