Windshield replacement in DFW/Arlington Area

D's Jeep Wrld

Currently on Facebook Marketplace 🙃
Supporting Member
Hey yall,I wanted to ask if anybody in the DFW/ Arlington area have had their windshield replaced and if so how much did you pay and where ?

I'm looking at safelite and they're charging 300 which I find to be reasonable since they come out to you, Any experience with them for you guys?

I'm in the Ausitn area, but I also used safelite (done at the house) and it was around 320ish as well.

They did a good job and I have no complains.

Here are a few things you might want to know:

I had 1/2 doors on...and they needed to be able to attach there suction cups to the drivers door window to align the new glass (luckily I was having this done at home and just swapped the 1/2 door on the drivers side to the full door for install)

The rear view mirror mount was already pre glued to the new windshield, and its glued a little higher then the original winshield was (which works better for me anyways, but might not for a shorter person?)

They move all the inspection stickers, toll tags, etc over with ease to the new windshield so that was helpful

You need to give it time for the new windshield seal to cure, I think they recommend 3 hours before driving, but curing can take 48hours (this isn’t my daily driver so I let it sit for several days)

They tell you there is no guarantee for a leak proof seal since they said the windshield frame could be rusted/damaged behind the original window seal (but you wont know what shape its in until the remove the old windshield and then it could be too late if the frame is bad)

Hope that helps

Reactions: D's Jeep Wrld
I'm in the Ausitn area, but I also used safelite (done at the house) and it was around 320ish as well.

They did a good job and I have no complains.

Here are a few things you might want to know:

I had 1/2 doors on...and they needed to be able to attach there suction cups to the drivers door window to align the new glass (luckily I was having this done at home and just swapped the 1/2 door on the drivers side to the full door for install)

The rear view mirror mount was already pre glued to the new windshield, and its glued a little higher then the original winshield was (which works better for me anyways, but might not for a shorter person?)

They move all the inspection stickers, toll tags, etc over with ease to the new windshield so that was helpful

You need to give it time for the new windshield seal to cure, I think they recommend 3 hours before driving, but curing can take 48hours (this isn’t my daily driver so I let it sit for several days)

They tell you there is no guarantee for a leak proof seal since they said the windshield frame could be rusted/damaged behind the original window seal (but you wont know what shape its in until the remove the old windshield and then it could be too late if the frame is bad)

Hope that helps

Gotcha man I appreciate the info on that,sorry for the late response I couldn't see the notification on this thread

Another question what brand glass did safelite use on your jeep ?

Again I appreciate your info sir you definitely helped!😁