Wiring a soundbar in a Jeep that didn't come with one

Sam410

Supporting Member
My 97 wrangler was optioned without the soundbar so I do not have the harness for one. I’m going to either find an oem soundbar or build one. Does anyone have a Pin out diagram for the plug under the dash drivers side that supply’s power for the map light and speakers? My understanding it’s the last one on the terminal block that is 2 pins high by 5 pins wide. Any advice about the topic is appreciated.

Picture of plug attached

IMG_4079.jpeg

8W-80-36.JPG
I think C323 is the connector you're looking for. You'll have to comb through the diagrams in the manual to find out which color wires go where.

I think that you might have an easier time of it if you just started at the radio and ran your own harness from there.
As for the soundbar itself, you can probably find an OEM one on ebay, and there several made by aftermarket companies.

I think that you might have an easier time of it if you just started at the radio and ran your own harness from there.
As for the soundbar itself, you can probably find an OEM one on ebay, and there several made by aftermarket companies.
Im considering that route. Thanks.

The best option is probably to get an OEM sound bar from ebay, hopefully with the harness. Reason being, the soundbar also includes an overhead light. So, if you get the harness, it will include the wiring for the lights. It would be a nice upgrade. I have a 97 Wrangler with the soundbar. I changed all my interior lights, including the soundbar to 255 color LED's. The changes are simply controlled from my phone. The color stays until I change it. The same OEM door switch actovates them. So, I can change all my interior lights to any color. I normally go to light blue, orange, or purple. White is still an option and a lot brighter with LED's. I also added underglow lights on the same circuit, so my sidesteps light up too in the same set color. It was a fun mod but expensive. I had a good professional do it.

20230928_190356.jpg

20230928_192253.jpg

Last edited:
I am seeing the harness to plug into the soundbar for about $30. I am also seeing the OEM soundbar for about $88 on ebay.

The best option is probably to get an OEM sound bar from ebay, hopefully with the harness. Reason being, the soundbar also includes an overhead light. So, if you get the harness, it will include the wiring for the lights. It would be a nice upgrade. I have a 97 Wrangler with the soundbar. I changed all my interior lights, including the soundbar to 255 color LED's. The changes are simply controlled from my phone. The color stays until I change it. The same OEM door switch actovates them. So, I can change all my interior lights to any color. I normally go to light blue, orange, or purple. White is still an option and a lot brighter with LED's. I also added underglow lights on the same circuit, so my sidesteps light up too in the same set color. It was a fun mod but expensive. I had a good professional do it.

View attachment 513635

View attachment 513636

Sweet! I definitely would appreciate having an interior light lol. currently im using one of those magnetic harbor freight lights they give you for free 🤣.

Sweet! I definitely would appreciate having an interior light lol. currently im using one of those magnetic harbor freight lights they give you for free 🤣.

The important thing is getting a Jeep and having fun with it, especially a TJ. What does TJ stand for? True Jeep.