Wiring / electrical help identifying unknown components

AMS417

"The Ayatollah of rock and rolla"
Supporting Member
Friends,

Working on some small items under the hood and found a length of old cabling stashed inside the fender corner not connected and appears to have been cut off long ago. Traced back through the firewall and into the driver side of the tub along the bottom of the door and found the items below. Three of them, appear to be resistors or something. No markings at all. Attached to the Jeep wiring harness at green/red, white/yellow, brown/red.

Can you help me identify the components and what circuit they interacted without before I remove them? Over a year and still finding previous owner gremlins in nooks and crannies.

Much appreciated.

IMG_7038.JPG

IMG_7037.JPG

Looks similar to a trailer tail light converter, does it have a hitch and a plug?
Either way those wires aren't properly protected from moisture with those butt connections. Especially in that area

Looks similar to a trailer tail light converter, does it have a hitch and a plug?
Either way those wires aren't properly protected from moisture with those butt connections. Especially in that area

Figured it out. Found the diagram in the FSM. Its the taillight circuits. Appears to be some sort of in line resistor. I removed them and reconnected factory harness with marine shrink butt connectors. All the lights work. I removed about 5 feet of 4 wire shrouded cable from the jeep.

Little things like unterminated wires drive me nuts.

Reactions: Ticks and hear
Figured it out. Found the diagram in the FSM. Its the taillight circuits. Appears to be some sort of in line resistor. I removed them and reconnected factory harness with marine shrink butt connectors. All the lights work. I removed about 5 feet of 4 wire shrouded cable from the jeep.

Little things like unterminated wires drive me nuts.

The look like diodes for a trailer harness, but those are only used on vehicles with separate turn signal and brake lamp. Maybe for led’s or used if they towed the Jeep behind a motor home.

The look like diodes for a trailer harness, but those are only used on vehicles with separate turn signal and brake lamp. Maybe for led’s or used if they towed the Jeep behind a motor home.

RV tow kit is what I was thinking since it was ran forward towards the grill. Just stumbled across it and wanted it gone.