Wiring Gremlin

PalmettoStateBob

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Started off with radio intermittently not working, I bypassed fuse box and in inline fuse. Then turn signal quit intermittently, Then wipers. I replaced cables with JeepCables Big 7, seemed to fix things and I had power back to radio fuse. So hooked radio back into fuse block and everything was great. But radio quit again, I tried wipers and signals, non of them were working and were not getting power to fuses. Ran to the store the other day and everything was working again 🤦‍♂️. I checked every connector that I saw, may have missed something. Nothing was loose or corroded. I even ran an extra ground.
Any suggestions?

I'd unbolt the Power Distribution Center and look it over. Look too at the cable from the battery that provides it with its 12 volts, make sure both ends are in good condition where their connectors are crimped onto the cable.

I'd unbolt the Power Distribution Center and look it over. Look too at the cable from the battery that provides it with its 12 volts, make sure both ends are in good condition where their connectors are crimped onto the cable.
99% sure it is in my ignition switch. Everything giving me issues are on switch on power. Yesterday while driving turn signal quit, and a little after radio quit. I moved key switch a little and everything worked. This happened about 3-4 times. Where can I buy a quality replacement?

Reactions: CharlesHS
99% sure it is in my ignition switch. Everything giving me issues are on switch on power. Yesterday while driving turn signal quit, and a little after radio quit. I moved key switch a little and everything worked. This happened about 3-4 times. Where can I buy a quality replacement?
You will find there are several sets of contacts inside the ignition switch which can affect quite a few circuits in the fuse block behind the glove box.
Time to test the ignition switch terminals to see if they are losing power going to the different fuse blocks.

Download the PDF for your year FSM and look a section 8W-10-12,13 to see what circuits can be affected by the ignition switch contacts.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/

Last edited:
Reactions: PalmettoStateBob
Started off with radio intermittently not working, I bypassed fuse box and in inline fuse. Then turn signal quit intermittently, Then wipers. I replaced cables with JeepCables Big 7, seemed to fix things and I had power back to radio fuse. So hooked radio back into fuse block and everything was great. But radio quit again, I tried wipers and signals, non of them were working and were not getting power to fuses. Ran to the store the other day and everything was working again 🤦‍♂️. I checked every connector that I saw, may have missed something. Nothing was loose or corroded. I even ran an extra ground.
Any suggestions?
I had a bad ignition switch. All issues were switch powered. Replaced complete switch assembly and all is good