Wiring harness question

JeepManGood

Supporting Member
I pulled the dash and steering column on my 2002 TJ to replace the evap and heater core. Unfortunately it took 3 months to get back to putting everything back together. I have two connector that I don’t see any wires to plug into them. One is on the steering column harness and the other is part of the wiring harness coming through the fire wall to the left of the brake pedal. Anyone know what these are for?

IMG_4408.jpeg

IMG_4407.jpeg

Picture #1 I think is SKIM, do you have a grey or black key? If you have a black key then that plug is unused.

Picture #2 is the clutch interlock switch. Since you have an automatic that is not used but I think some of the early model TJs had a place on the firewall you could plug it in to to keep it out of the way. By the looks of yours it looks like it’s just taped to the harness.

Hi Jamison, thanks for the reply! I do have the automatic and the black key. I searched for over an hour thinking maybe a wire tucked back out of view when I put the dash back in. Good news, the dash is in and the Jeep started right up. Now onto a new AC compressor 😢. Not looking forward to that one