Worst beer you've had?

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I do enjoy a German dunkel with a wurst lunch. One nasty brew stands out in memory, the pint of bitters I had in the private pub of the Yeoman Warders of the Tower of London, c1983. Left most of the pint behind, but without complaint, as the hospitality of the Tower guards was superb.
A good Czech Pilsner is worth a drink also

A36E8A96-95BF-4D08-9B73-A51EEF6D9B9D.jpeg

Liquor store was giving out one can samples of coffee flavored Pabst. I like coffee. I like beer. Not good together.

About 40 years ago we were building the folk's log house and frequently bought generic beer.
White can, bold black letters, BEER it said. When you are hot and thirsty, just about anything cold and wet goes down.

In the 80s, Winn Dixie grocery stores sold generic, white can, black lettered beer and generic (white and black labeled) cigarettes. Both seem to sell quite well in South Carolina.

Reactions: ejay
IPA. Every IPA.
Funny, I learned I really like IPA beer than any other about a year ago. I decided to blind-taste sample 20 beers one night in small sample size glasses. The two I loved were both IPAs. I'm not a big beer drinker but when I buy beer for a multi night 4x4 trip I buy nothing but IPA.

Iron City Light, I forgot about this stuff. I went to college in western Pennsylvania, very different culturally from southeastern PA from whence I hail, I loved almost everything about it out there & still do, the city, the small towns, the topography, the people… One notable exception, their obsession with this vile swill, ‘regular strength’ Iron City is bad enough but the light version is horrendous, it’s only acceptable purpose might be putting out a fire should one erupt in the off-campus shit-hole you’re living in.

Took a while for me to figure out they weren’t saying Icy Light when referring to it:

IC Light 2.jpg

big flavor my ass 😂

So... waaay back in the day my friends and I would buy Mickey Big Mouths (technically Malt Liquor) to "start" our nights because of the higher alcohol content. These things are an exercise in chemistry. If around 40 degrees or less they drink easy.... but for gods sakes do not let them get to room temperature. They turn into an undrinkable bitter liquid that stinks to high heaven.

1622477001319.png

Iron City Light, I forgot about this stuff. I went to college in western Pennsylvania, very different culturally from southeastern PA from whence I hail, I loved almost everything about it out there & still do, the city, the small towns, the topography, the people… One notable exception, their obsession with this vile swill, ‘regular strength’ Iron City is bad enough but the light version is horrendous, it’s only acceptable purpose might be putting out a fire should one erupt in the off-campus shit-hole you’re living in.

Took a while for me to figure out they weren’t saying Icy Light when referring to it:

View attachment 256062

big flavor my ass 😂
Pronounced “Ernn city”

and I vote for it as one of the worst ever tasted!

Reactions: ejay

View attachment 256062

big flavor my ass 😂
Ever get one of the IC Pumpers, I remember getting one? Also went to college out in western PA, would drive to the Ohio line since was 18 to drink there.

DB1EEC84-221A-44DE-BF01-7518699FD7B3.png