Worst time you've gotten stuck?

Jakejeep2005

hey everyone. post a picture of the most stuck you’ve ever gotten your jeep.

i was axle deep in “peanut butter” mud. no trees around me because i was by a lake so i had to bury a rock and attach my winch to it to get out.

1C81CDD0-BE5F-49BA-8A5D-12F881BCE598.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: JMT and RMETeeJay
My first time offroading; I had owned the Jeep about a month and hadn't been able to take it offroading yet. I finished a LONG day of work and decided to just take it down a trail cut into the woods for power lines behind some nearby houses. Its was 9:30ish, and even with all the lights on it was dark; I had it idling along down the trail and came to what looked like a dip in the dirt road but was actually a mud pit; since I was going so slow I just kinda rolled to a stop while the wheel kept spinning. I was only about 8 inches past the solid dirt but I had NO traction.

I spent close to two hours trying to dig myself out and get 2x4's under the tires before I swallowed my pride and called my dad to come pull me out.

Now that same pit is slightly less sketchy but I can get through it no problem with enough momentum.
Live and learn.

Drummond, too many people running 40’s for me to get out of this pit. Easy winch out though.

13A6B139-AEA3-4C69-8CF4-4072C6A1F147.png

Just don’t go when it has either rained recently or is in the forecast, real thick clay that gums up tires and slick! I used to live in Indy and went often but moved to Cincinnati so haven’t been back. Interlake is great, first place I went wheeling after I got the lift and tires! If you are ever heading to KY to wheel let me know
I’ve not been to red bird yet. Usually go to Interlake SRA. We should meet up sometime! I’m about 2 hours from RB

I seriously underestimated how deep this puddle was. Had to wade through and find rocks to set in front of my wheels. This was before I had a winch. Emphasis on before 😉

I was lucky though. All of my vent tubes were high enough and in good shape. No water in the axles/tranny/xfer case. Can’t say the same for the interior though! Went over the door sills and through the drain plugs.
79430DDF-6E3C-4197-A216-FB31B7335909.jpeg
16E98CF1-E43C-4AB5-9A01-75D24CA288C8.jpeg
1412B3F5-5043-437C-AD5F-54193AA856E8.jpeg
5E780C0C-5634-4350-91E1-8F4492958035.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Squatch and JMT
This was stupid. I went over to this mud hole to show off around the 4-Runners and ended up having to get pulled out by one. I was locked front and rear. I still don’t know what happened, but I suspect the diff was hung up on something. Note: I did not get muddy or wet on this recovery.
7EC9567B-AC13-452B-8BD7-DD48380A8B36.jpeg

I think angry grills make getting stuck 99% more likely.

just kidding...

I’m thankful after looking at this thread so far of being in the west. Crossing my fingers, but I’m yet to get the LJ into a place I can’t rescue it.

No pictures, stuck 12 miles out of town, walk to the highway, hitch hike, call a buddy who says lets go now.... OK. Now 2 trucks stuck, walk to the highway, hitch hike, home at 3am..... His brother owns the local towing company, by 10am our Jeeps are in the parking lot. Kinda cool that was my first summer in Yellowknife where the sun barely sets at night and it does not get dark. 2 hours sleep and you don't get tired.

watch the movie

Insomnia2002Poster.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Squatch
Went through one way fine, coming back the other way didn't go so well... thickest mud i've ever seen (can't tell in the photo but i wasn't even driving through the mud I was moving all the mud around me with me). Ended up doing the clutch and having to be rescued.
IMG_0196.jpg

Reactions: Apparition and JMT
Last year on Bald Mountain, VA. By ourselves, just a quick run to check things out. I'd had the jeep about 2 months. Just put the winch on , replaced u-joints, fluids, belt, ignition parts, etc. Thankfully I stayed up late the evening before to finish the winch and bumper. I got hung up on the transfer skid (until yesterday it had a 1" drop on it) in ruts made with 40" tires. Without the winch it would have been a long day - with it I had a long day the next day. Rinsing out the tub, re-changing dif and tranny fluids, cleaning the mud off of everything under the hood. But my co-pilot stayed dry, and the winch worked great!

The Hi-lift is there to give my co-pilot something to hang on to as he made his way out. I knew I would find a use for that thing...😞

20181028_094241.jpg
20181028_094244.jpg
20181028_094253.jpg
20181028_094424.jpg

There is a bypass to the right you can't see in the pics, the route we took with a more experienced buddy a few weeks prior. He has a TJ with 35's, that should have played a larger part in my DMP...
20181016_125546.jpg

Reactions: JMT
stuck.png

Not the worst I've been stuck since I wasn't able to get a picture but here is my second worst stuck that my buddy took of me....

stuck.png