Would anyone be willing to lend a Johnny Joint Tool/Press?

connor grimes

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey Guys,

Posting here to see if anyone would be willing to lend,or possibly sell me a Johnny Joint Tool for the 2" and 2.5" JJ. I know its a stretch, I'd just rather not shell out $300 for a tool, but I also would prefer not to go the threaded rod route. I've been a longtime member here and would gladly pay you shipping and some extra cash to lend me them on good faith. I'm hoping there's someone on this forum that has them laying in a drawer somewhere. I would probably need to borrow the tool for about 2 weeks or less. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I'd send you the tools in exchange for a deposit for the msrp of the tools and refund you when I receive them back, if that's something you'd be interested in. Just like renting a tool from a store. You just pay shipping. Putting it out in the open here so we can both be held accountable. You can DM me if you want.

Otherwise I'd be kind of surprised if you can't find somebody in the LA area to borrow them off of.

I'm clear out in MN, so don't know what shipping would end up being both ways. Probably a good case for a flat rate USPS box.

I remember many many years ago on forums people on forums would lend tools. You would use it and ship it to the next guy. Kind of a pay it forward theme. Now, more than ever people words mean nothing and it most certainly wouldn't work out. I hope you find someone trusting and wish you luck

Reactions: connor grimes
The worst thing would be losing it in the mail. It usually happens when a heavy item busts out of the box.
Make sure it's packed well.

Maybe we need a national list so a tool wouldn't need to be shipped cross country. :unsure:

And such a list could be useful for cross country road and wheeling trips.

Case in point I've almost got a shop built and I have tools in Oregon and happy to help anyone.

No ball joints tool but I have a press. (Need Savvy control arms!)

-Mac