Would there be any reason not to get V8 ZJ tie rod instead of TJ version?

Vtx531

TJ Addict
Maybe weight or frequency for vibrations or anything else?

I‘m in need of replacement and the ZJ swap is actually about $10 cheaper too but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything here.

I‘m in need of replacement and the ZJ swap is actually about $10 cheaper too but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing anything here.
I don’t know of any reason not to do it. I’ve had mine in for quite a few years with no issues. Once you pull the stock tie rod off, you will see why the stock one sucks so bad.

Every reason to get it. Just don't buy the cheaper parts and make sure you use the stock TJ Drag Link, if you're replacing that.

Read my earlier post,after driving it,do it! It seems way more solid goin down the road.

No reason at all, other than weight. The stock TJ rod is hollow and about 3/4" in diameter. The ZJ rod is solid and about 1" in diameter.

No reason at all, other than weight. The stock TJ rod is hollow and about 3/4" in diameter. The ZJ rod is solid and about 1" in diameter.
In the case of the ZJ tie rod its extra weight due to its significantly greater strength is a solid plus. The TJ's factory weak hollow tie rod is probably the worst thing about a TJ.

The way he worded it i’m not sure if he doesn’t not want to not do it.

I need a nap.

Are all the ZJ tie-rods the same? I thought the 6 cylinder models had the same hollow bar as the TJ’s.
I don't know for sure what tie rod the 6 cylinder Grand Cherokees used, if they're hollow or solid, but the V8 tie rods are the ones that are recommended.

Reactions: Vinman

If it’s cheaper than TJ parts, go for it, it’s superior.