Would you do anything

Lowcountryearl

TJ Enthusiast
Goooooood morning Jeep America!!!!
Lowcountryearl here from beautiful Charleston South Carolina aka America's tropical topography, it's rained here every day for over a month, like really hard. I see plants and animals I've never seen before, even seen little pigmy's running around but that could be my neighbors kids,,,,they are a little strange... I digress..

So, getting ready to dive into putting sound deadening material and Bedrug in the ole 98 after... I tackle the so unfamiliar job of added Jeepair to the ole girl. That jeep has been in S. California and Florida it's whole life and no AC
Anyway, looking at the pics, would you do anything to the jeep prior to the flooring? Slight rust in a few spots but nothing major, emergency brake bracket kinda rusty, if you see something you would do please let me know.
Have a great day folks!!
Jeep1.jpg
Jeep2.jpg

Reactions: derekmac
Looking nice and clean. I think I'd probably seal up any rust spots i was planning on covering forever. E-brake bracket, that's up to you. I'd clean it up and paint it only because i went to all the trouble to remove the interior, and would rather reinstall and forget.

Reactions: Hog
That floor looks amazing and I can't see anything there to worry about. Like was already said, just touch up any spots and move on! BTW, how does the frame area look?

Frame looks clean too, I mean it's got a little surface rust here and there but definitely no punch throughs. So on the sealing of the rust spots, use what some kind of clear sealant, maybe a clear coat spray on?

Frame looks clean too, I mean it's got a little surface rust here and there but definitely no punch throughs. So on the sealing of the rust spots, use what some kind of clear sealant, maybe a clear coat spray on?
You probably could. Just hit the rust spots with some scotch brite (or something like that, light sand paper) then shoot some clear coat over it. I'd use Krylon, not rustoleom.

BTW thanks to this forum, I was able to match all the interior colors for the plastics, painted the whole interior in a day. Came out great. Big thanks to Mark over at Vinyl Pro, such a great guy! That's a "c3" interior so he mixed up some Mist Gray, Landau Black and Agate for me, turned out great.

Reactions: Vasq