Wrangler TJ enthusiast from Italy

Francesco.com

Hello everyone!
My name is Francesco, I live in the north eastt of Italy and I'm a proud owner of a '99 4.0L Forest Green Pearl TJ with 38.000 miles on it.
I bought this car few weeks ago and I'm totally in love with her.

The TJ has a super shitty body-lift which I'm going to get rid of in few days, for the rest it was stock when I got it. I've already mounted the Cooper MTT 33x12.5 R15 (I regret the choice a little, since the 33x10.5 was a better choice, probably). Next steps will be upgrading the tire carrier, re-gearing to 4.56, reinforcing the axis with 27/30 splines and mounting an ARB lock in the rear.

I want to thank Chris and everyone on this forum for the ingenuity, the resourcefulness and the generosity that you guys show everyday by sharing your knowledge!

Francesco

8B12A6D9-408F-4DBE-A721-EC2DB1756A67.JPG

Not very many TJ owners on here from Italy, I have to imagine you guys are scarce. That’s a great photo though and a great looking TJ!

Yeah, definitely there are not so many TJs around here, at least compared to JK and JL. Furthermore consider that gasoline is around 6,5 USD per gallon, so people prefer diesel engines. That being said, you receive a lot of waves and questions as the TJ is less common and "nicer"

Reactions: Chris
Yeah, definitely there are not so many TJs around here, at least compared to JK and JL. Furthermore consider that gasoline is around 6,5 USD per gallon, so people prefer diesel engines. That being said, you receive a lot of waves and questions as the TJ is less common and "nicer"

There are tons of JKs and JLs around here as well, way more than there is TJs. You see TJs around here, just not nearly as often.

I’m not sure I would say they are becoming scarce, just that most people in the US seem to prefer the JK and JL for some reason.

I’ve owned a JK and I like my TJ much better.

Reactions: Francesco.com
Nice looking TJ you have Francesco, welcome to the forum. My significant other and i spent some time in Venice, Florence and Rome last October, you have a wonderful friendly country with significant amount of history. Hope to revisit the North part of Italy in the next 5 years.

Welcome aboard and nice looking Jeep. I would like to vacation in Italy some day. World's finest food, great looking women and old Moto Guzzi's. Sounds like heaven to me.

Nice looking TJ you have Francesco, welcome to the forum. My significant other and i spent some time in Venice, Florence and Rome last October, you have a wonderful friendly country with significant amount of history. Hope to revisit the North part of Italy in the next 5 years.
Thank you Larry!

Happy to hear that you enjoyed Italy! You definitely have to visit again the North part of Italy, but don’t forget the South, too.

I’ve been to California one summer and I loved it!

As you said Italy is friendly to everyone, but not very friendly to vehicles modifications! When it comes to mount a heavy duty front bumper with a winch, for example one as cool the one I see in your picture, it’s a nightmare. Obtaining the permission is almost impossible unless the OEM provides with a formal green light, which is something that FCA don’t do, at least with the TJ. The same applies to wheels, snorkel and so forth.

Reactions: LarryTJ
Welcome aboard and nice looking Jeep. I would like to vacation in Italy some day. World's finest food, great looking women and old Moto Guzzi's. Sounds like heaven to me.
Thank you Flivver! You should definitely come as soon as you can! I see that we share the same interests ;)
And don't forget wine and old Vespa

Reactions: Flivver250
Thank you Larry!

Happy to hear that you enjoyed Italy! You definitely have to visit again the North part of Italy, but don’t forget the South, too.

I’ve been to California one summer and I loved it!

As you said Italy is friendly to everyone, but not very friendly to vehicles modifications! When it comes to mount a heavy duty front bumper with a winch, for example one as cool the one I see in your picture, it’s a nightmare. Obtaining the permission is almost impossible unless the OEM provides with a formal green light, which is something that FCA don’t do, at least with the TJ. The same applies to wheels, snorkel and so forth.
Well I suppose if you ever get tired of Italy vehicle mod restrictions you can always move to the states and pretty much add all kinds of aftermarket parts with little to no restrictions. Enjoy your TJ!

Last edited:
Good looking Jeep!!.. and beautiful scenery you got there.. good to see the Jeep can still look good in a country that sells exotic sports cars!!!!

Good looking Jeep!!.. and beautiful scenery you got there.. good to see the Jeep can still look good in a country that sells exotic sports cars!!!!
Yeah, here re definitely considered more exotic TJ/YJ/CJs than Ferrari or Lambo!

Reactions: Hog