WranglerFix or SIA Electronics for ECU repair

meangreen98

TJ Enthusiast
Been chasing down misfires and injector circuit codes, feels like I'm just chasing my own tail.
I've pretty much come to the conclusion that the ECU on my 98 is failing.
Has anyone tried SIA Electronics for a ECU diagnosis and repair, or should I stick to WranglerFix?

Reactions: Wranglerfix
I'm not sure that WF offers an ECU testing and/or repair service, but Mark provided me with a replacement unit programmed for our 2015 that I ended up not needing.
His return policy still cost me a bit of cash, but it basically covered the "ECU rental" along with the time and energy for him to program, ship, & then process my return. He definitely didn't get rich on the transaction and it was beyond helpful.

In short, the cost was more than fair to ensure that my original ECU was not the root cause of my issues, and it was well worth it.

My initial ECU swap experience was with another source, and it was beyond disappointing.
The ECU unit they provided was NOT properly programmed and my vehicle would not start using their replacement ECU.

Reactions: Wranglerfix
I tried the other PCM 'repair' facility from FLA. A few years ago. I never could get that thing to be bug free, and it really soured me from TJs for quite some time. Then after lurking on this forum some I read about wranglerfix and decided to try it out. Made the thing whole again. Worst part was once I had Mark's box in hand, I decided to open the 'repaired' pcm and have a peak. Even the potting job looked like the work of an elementary school science project.

I will be interested to hear more about the new shift point changes I've read about.

Take care, Rob