Wranglerfixed

Just drove the Jeep around some more this evening. Butt dyno can definitely tell a big difference. Did mostly 35-60mph stuff around town. I think Andy mentioned something about barely pressing the gas now. That is definitely a thing. Driving around the neighborhood at 40 I find myself letting off the gas often because you BARELY have to press it, like a hair. It's not jumpy either, its smooth. It's akin to a 3.5lb trigger on an AR vs a stock 5.5lb trigger.

Turning out of my subdivision onto a road that is 55mph I always try to accelerate and hit 55mph before a bridge with a median down the road a bit. Not 100% throttle but a bit more than average acceleration. I do this every single night on my way to work like a little game. Before, I usually just barely make it to 55mph by the time the bridge starts. Well, I tried it tonight and the Jeep easily did it without even breaking a sweat about 500ft shorter in a total distance of about 1400ft. (I measured the distance on google maps)

I haven't tried any 60mph passing power yet. Last thing I noticed is that my driveway is a steep angle, and the Jeep was always a slug getting up the curb from a dead stop then powering up the driveway to the garage. Tonight, I BARELY had to press the gas like mentioned before and it rolled up the driveway without even sounding like it was trying.

Alright, update on my situation. Reputable transmission shop said they fixed the wiring on my output shaft speed sensor and the bill is going to be $395 :mad:; A wire was grounding. After I paid a previous shop $375 to replace it. They said it's all good and working. So, I'm going to go pick it up now and see. I'm not holding my breath. Anxious to drive it home with the new PCM after getting teased by it the other day.

In the meantime, Mark had already sent me a return label for the PCM and shipped me another one today I guess thinking it might have been a faulty unit. Which I probably won't need.

If you want to talk about customer service. Wranglerfix = 5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

If you'd like to feel better about things...at least you didn't pay over $3,000 for a Bullripper Reman that had numerous problems including a bad torque converter and leaking tail housing upon arrival...that required the installer to pull the trans to do the job again.

In labor alone, I paid around $1000 (initial install) + $700 (second install) + $500 (later when the Bullripper's solenoid pack shit itself and Eddie installed Bullripper's replacement)...and that part put me in limp mode about five miles from leaving the shop.

Eddie then installed a Mopar Solenoid pack that I got off of eBay at no charge because he felt bad for me. He also changed something on the Bullripper valve body that looked weird to him compared to what he'd always seen in a stock 42RLE. Good news is that it's been running well since October. :)

Rereading this from the beginning and couldn't help myself...
The only things missing from this group are Cheswick’s cigarettes and some juicy fruit for the dumb Indian.
"I bet a nickel.
That's not a nickel Martini...
I bet a nickle.
Martini, that's not a nickel. That's shit!"

Carry on. All secure.

Alright, update on my situation. Reputable transmission shop said they fixed the wiring on my output shaft speed sensor and the bill is going to be $395 :mad:; A wire was grounding. After I paid a previous shop $375 to replace it. They said it's all good and working. So, I'm going to go pick it up now and see. I'm not holding my breath. Anxious to drive it home with the new PCM after getting teased by it the other day.

In the meantime, Mark had already sent me a return label for the PCM and shipped me another one today I guess thinking it might have been a faulty unit. Which I probably won't need.

If you want to talk about customer service. Wranglerfix = 5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Let me guess, you have a Speed-o-healer?

Negative.

Alright then, how did that harness short to ground? The only time we ever see that is when someone adds a plug and play device and then route it up the right side too close to the exhaust. The rest of the time that harness is well routed and secure so it never has an issue. Did they show you what was messed up?

Reactions: R3ID05TJ
Alright then, how did that harness short to ground? The only time we ever see that is when someone adds a plug and play device and then route it up the right side too close to the exhaust. The rest of the time that harness is well routed and secure so it never has an issue. Did they show you what was messed up?

Shop #1 was in there and replaced the output speed sensor. Quoting their bill "diagnose and repair wiring connector issue and replace transmission output speed sensor" $62 part. This isn't a transmission shop. Only a regular mechanic shop that works on a LOT of wranglers in Tucson and is highly recommended by a vast majority of the Tucson Jeep club.

After doing whatever they did I paid the bill and drove the Jeep home 25 miles and it seemed fixed. The next day it started shifting weird again and hard shifted and stuck in 2nd like before like the shop never did anything to it. So, I brought it back for them to look at it again. They had it another couple days and couldn't ultimately fix the problem and recommended me take it to a dedicated transmission shop (ex: shop #2).

Shop #2 is a highly reputable dedicated transmission shop that was recommended by Shop #1 as well as others who has had wrangler TJ trans work done by them. They test drove it, scanned it, diagnosed it, said output speed sensor was not registering. On their bill, "Electrical check - repaired output speed sensor wire". The guy said a wire was grounding. I didn't get into further detail. Was pissed off it cost another $395 so I paid the bill and the Jeep drove home, and around in the evening, and this morning like its fixed.

Next course of action is to go back to shop #1 and see how much money I can get back.

All that said I have not put eyes on the sensor or anywhere either shop worked on yet.

my jeep is currently on limp mode, the autoelectric shop said that everything was in perfect shape, I already installed the wranglerfix PCM but that didn't fix the problem... right now I'm waiting for the mopar solenoid pack to arrive (should be arriving tomorrow) to take the jeep back to the shop on monday... I hope that is the ultimate fix for my no-speed mode in my jeep.... because it is driving me crazy x_x

Last edited:
Shop #1 was in there and replaced the output speed sensor. Quoting their bill "diagnose and repair wiring connector issue and replace transmission output speed sensor" $62 part. This isn't a transmission shop. Only a regular mechanic shop that works on a LOT of wranglers in Tucson and is highly recommended by a vast majority of the Tucson Jeep club.

After doing whatever they did I paid the bill and drove the Jeep home 25 miles and it seemed fixed. The next day it started shifting weird again and hard shifted and stuck in 2nd like before like the shop never did anything to it. So, I brought it back for them to look at it again. They had it another couple days and couldn't ultimately fix the problem and recommended me take it to a dedicated transmission shop (ex: shop #2).

Shop #2 is a highly reputable dedicated transmission shop that was recommended by Shop #1 as well as others who has had wrangler TJ trans work done by them. They test drove it, scanned it, diagnosed it, said output speed sensor was not registering. On their bill, "Electrical check - repaired output speed sensor wire". The guy said a wire was grounding. I didn't get into further detail. Was pissed off it cost another $395 so I paid the bill and the Jeep drove home, and around in the evening, and this morning like its fixed.

Next course of action is to go back to shop #1 and see how much money I can get back.

All that said I have not put eyes on the sensor or anywhere either shop worked on yet.

What is the name of the transmission shop? Andy

my jeep is currently on limp mode, the autoelectric shop said that everything was in perfect shape, I already installed the wranglerfix PCM but that didn't fix the problem... right now I'm waiting for the mopar solenoid pack to arrive (should be arriving tomorrow) to take the jeep back to the shop on monday... I hope that is the ultimate fix for my no-speed mode in my jeep.... because it is driving me crazy x_x

Subscribed. This is what I thought was wrong with my Jeep. Will be interested in the cost to do this.

Well he just charged me $400 to fix a wire.

The first shop charged you that much to not fix your jeep...and possibly broke the wire.

I find it interesting that you don't put effort into work on your rig, and then you complain about costs when others fix your problem. I'll be sure to let Eddie know of your displeasure.

• Haha
Subscribed. This is what I thought was wrong with my Jeep. Will be interested in the cost to do this.

that won't be fair... I live in Mexico so the rates are pretty different... but the PCM from wranglerfix was 650 bucks, the solenoid pack was 80 bucks (I got a remanufactured Mopar one with lifetime guarantee from Ebay) and the tranny fluid and filter were 100 bucks.. the autoelectric shop charged me around 30 bucks (in pesos obviously) since he didn't "repair" anything... and the tranny shop will charge me around 80 bucks (I'm just guessing)... so the final cost (if the solenoid pack solves the problem) would around 950/1000 bucks..... with new PCM and solenoid block..

that won't be fair... I live in Mexico so the rates are pretty different... but the PCM from wranglerfix was 650 bucks, the solenoid pack was 80 bucks (I got a remanufactured Mopar one with lifetime guarantee from Ebay) and the tranny fluid and filter were 100 bucks.. the autoelectric shop charged me around 30 bucks (in pesos obviously) since he didn't "repair" anything... and the tranny shop will charge me around 80 bucks (I'm just guessing)... so the final cost (if the solenoid pack solves the problem) would around 950/1000 bucks..... with new PCM and solenoid block..

Your remanufactured Mopar unit is doing much better than mine did, so that's a good sign.

My Mexican buddy has most work on his car and his wife done in Mexico. This past fall, I diagnosed that his car was badly shorting out after a southern shop did a bad wiring job in the door panel. And when I asked him how his wife's facial procedure went he looked at me intensely and said that she flat-lined on the table, but they revived her and she has no idea it happened. Lol wtf