WTB: Hardtop retainer clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ_2000

TJ Enthusiast
Looking for 3 (or more) of the retainer clips with the rectangle nuts that you bolt the hardtop to.
If you’re a soft top only dude, but have a dual top TJ. You might have these on your tub rail and not even know it. Any help is appreciated
What I’m looking for is pictured below!
97106e18c77fff9175e9579ebc5efeee.jpg

I saw those. And thought about it them. But I would rather have the factory set up. That way I can leave them and not worry about them.

My factory ones don't have that little black clip piece that goes around them... weird!

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
I have 3. The clip is nice. They stay on the tub rail and they can be adjusted.

I have 3. The clip is nice. They stay on the tub rail and they can be adjusted.

I never knew they existed until now, but now I'd like some too, so if you find some, let me know. Have you checked a place like Morris or any of the online stores? I'm curious if one of them might have it. I'm not even sure what they'd refer to it as.

Reactions: Shane Mckinley
I have found them online. But they are pricy! $11-$20 for one. Or $70 for 4! Some include the nut. Some don’t.
MOPAR part number is 55176746AE

That’s why I’m hoping someone will have some that they aren’t using! They are crazy expensive other wise.

You could try auto wrecking yards, though that's a crap shoot.

3D printing them would be a cool if someone could do it. Definitely a lot cheaper!

You could try auto wrecking yards, though that's a crap shoot.

3D printing them would be a cool if someone could do it. Definitely a lot cheaper!

TJs are few and far between at my local junk yards.

I never knew they existed until now, but now I'd like some too, so if you find some, let me know. Have you checked a place like Morris or any of the online stores? I'm curious if one of them might have it. I'm not even sure what they'd refer to it as.

Just to give you an update. Turns out the cheapest place is the dealer. I had my father in law who owns a shop order them. $11 tax free and no shipping.

Reactions: Daryl
Just to give you an update. Turns out the cheapest place is the dealer. I had my father in law who owns a shop order them. $11 tax free and no shipping.

Was that for more than one of them? If so, that's an awesome deal!

Was that for more than one of them? If so, that's an awesome deal!

$11 for one. Unfortunately.
I mean it’s not a great deal. But it saved me a few bucks in the long run. No tax and free shipping.

Reactions: Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.