WWWTJF do? LJ Rubicon re-gear edition

I'd prefer to eliminate the worry of a rear breakage which then forces me in to finding a replacement diff and paying for R&P labor again.

I really don't want to run two different selectable control systems, too. The lockers, wiring, switch, pump, and spare air actuator have value, so those items be sold off to reduce the sting of this adventure.

These are two things I'm factoring in as well. I'm now up to personal knowledge of 4 incidents where the rear limted slip took out the carrier/locker assembly. Based on everything I've read, and experienced, it's the application of shock load that is the major factor in destroying the Rubicon rear 44. However, this can be significantly reduced by doing two things: a light application of the go pedal, when making tight turns on the street; and running the rear locker all the time, when off-road. I do realize in totality that this type of failure is a small percentage, but it's one I'd like to avoid. I'm sure others will jump in if I missed something!

Reactions: Sea Cot