Yet another suspension noise question....

CMTJ

TJ Enthusiast
I installed a Zone 1.75 suspension lift which came with new shocks and pucks for the springs. I kept the 31's on and had an alignment done. Now when I turn very sharp i.e backing out of driveway or a parking space I hear a clunk. I did not replace the stock sway bar links. When I investigate, everything is tight with no play or slop any where. Thoughts?? Should I have replaced the the sway bar links with ones made for a 0-2 inch lift?? Jeep runs straight down the road with no shimmy or vibrations. Thanks

Hmmm, when you say it happens when you turn very sharp, I want to say maybe your wheels are contacting your control arm. However, if that wasn't happening before, it wouldn't be happing now.

If you had an alignment done, I have to seriously wonder if they torqued everything down properly. I'd check the tie rod ends and drag link, just to make sure those are properly torqued. Get under the vehicle while it's running, have someone sit in the driver seat and crank the wheel really hard back and forth (to full stop on each side). Look and listen underneath and you should hear the clunk and probably be able to see where it's coming from.

Works like a charm every time for me!

Check your front coil springs. If those pucks aren't seated right your coil spring could be making contact with the upper coil bucket.