You think Chic-fil-a is good?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
These put Chic-Fil-A to shame!

Homemade buns, freshly slaughtered chicken from our property, fried in olive oil and breaded with buffalo seasoning.

No chemicals, no preservatives, no antibiotics, nothing. Even the flour is the good stuff.

Anyways, just wanted to share because these are delicious and they took a long time to make.

Homemade food always tastes the best.

IMG_1361.jpeg

These put Chic-Fil-A to shame!

Homemade buns, freshly slaughtered chicken from our property, fried in olive oil and breaded with buffalo seasoning.

No chemicals, no preservatives, no antibiotics, nothing. Even the flour is the good stuff.

Anyways, just wanted to share because these are delicious and they took a long time to make.

Homemade food always tastes the best.

View attachment 538396

What time is dinner !

Always takes longer when you got to catch your dinner…😅.

You haven’t lived until you have processed chickens, that wet feather smell intermingled with aroma of warm blood on a hot afternoon…the day we took down 50 of Cornish chickens, in our family lore, will live in infamy. That was the last time we did that🤣

You haven’t lived until you have processed chickens, that wet feather smell intermingled with aroma of warm blood on a hot afternoon…the day we took down 50 of Cornish chickens, in our family lore, will live in infamy. That was the last time we did that🤣

I was always in charge of head removal.

Yep. On my gap year, I was in the field and my best friend was in the chicken coop. 25 yrs later, some smells never fade.

Oh man, I feel like we might be getting there sooner rather than later. We've got two coups, one for meat birds and one for egg layers. We're slaughtering about 10 chickens every 2 weeks at this rate. Nothing crazy by any means, but the difference between fresh meat and the store bought stuff is noticeable.

The dark humorous side was that the chickens at first were coming to me thinking it was feeding time, and more difficult to catch the day went along. The smart ones started counting heads and noting nobody was coming back

I thought my kids would freak out when they saw the heads rolling. My youngest told me I was, "mean". My middle child said, "how dare you, dad!", and my oldest thought it was awesome.

gotta say Chris, I'm a little jealous of you with the homestead situation you've got going on. We talk about getting chickens etc but our land is so wooded and uneven that it's hard to do anything with, without owning earth moving equipment. Sometimes I wish we'd bought something open and flat a little farther west but I was fixated on the fact that we were moving from Colorado to the Oklahoma heat and prioritized shade over everything else. I need probably $5k of dirt work just to make a spot to get anything bigger than a riding mower down into the main part of our yard.