Young Frankenstein...

If you haven't seen it, do so. It is hilarious, old school type comedy. My fav Mel Brooks film, Gene Wilder at his best, Teri Garr is smokin hot. Have seen it at least 5 times and still crack up every time. Watching it right now :meparto:

One of my Fav's, Gene Wilder is funny as hell. In fact I missed it, but every Tuesday night here in town they play old movies at the theaters, and it was just here. I could have seen it in the theater, but it is one of my movies in my Plex library as well as Space Balls.

Reactions: Rob5589 and Chris
Have you been to the Alamo Draft House? That is the theater that plays old movies on Tuesday nights. Just saw "The Great Escape!" The other day.
I have not. I have driven by it. I will have to check it out

Reactions: ac_
Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles are absolute classics! Could you imagine Mel Brookes trying to make Blazing Saddles in this day and age? It'd be like Norman Lear trying to get "All in the Family" on television. Fat chance!

Reactions: Rob5589 and ac_
It is actually pretty cool; it is a dinner theater. The seats recline, and they serve food. I usually only get popcorn, I haven't tried anything else, but it is cool being able to recline with an actual bowl of popcorn and soda in a plastic glass. Anyway we don't go a whole lot, but it is becoming one of our favorite places now. I don't think you are too far away. I mean I don't know where you are in Mesa, but it is down Arizona ave a little ways passed old Chandler.

It is actually pretty cool; it is a dinner theater. The seats recline, and they serve food. I usually only get popcorn, I haven't tried anything else, but it is cool being able to recline with an actual bowl of popcorn and soda in a plastic glass. Anyway we don't go a whole lot, but it is becoming one of our favorite places now. I don't think you are too far away. I mean I don't know where you are in Mesa, but it is down Arizona ave a little ways passed old Chandler.
Hey, @ac_...remember the old theater in old downtown Everett? On Colby, I think it is. Well, they did a full restoration a number of years ago, and played silent films on Tuesday evenings until it became too costly to do so anymore. I heard they had an old piano and organ that got played during the films, the way it was done in days gone by. :thumbsup:

Im up near power and university. So its wouldn't be that bad of a drive. Especially with the weather like it has been.

Hey, @ac_...remember the old theater in old downtown Everett? On Colby, I think it is. Well, they did a full restoration a number of years ago, and played silent films on Tuesday evenings until it became too costly to do so anymore. I heard they had an old piano and organ that got played during the films, the way it was done in days gone by. :thumbsup:

I don't remember it, I know I used to go to a theater in Shoreline that played old movies during the week, but I think the old movies were just like last years movies not like in the 70's or anything. I am trying to think if I ever went to a theater on Colby. I do remember the street, but I don't remember the theater, but I was young when I lived in Everrett so we spent a lot of time at the Casbah buying shots from the Shooter Girl. Now I do remember her. True story she was the girlfriend of the lead singer of Queensryche, We hung out with him a couple of times, but that dude was hard core. I worked on her car. If I remember correctly It was a 240z. I remember Shooter Girl, but I forgot the car she drove. Probably mostly because we hung out at the Casbah too much.

In case it isn't there anymore it was on the main drag of Everett Avenue and Broadway behind the Jack in the box. I think I should have gotten stock in that place.

Reactions: Squatch
Im up near power and university. So its wouldn't be that bad of a drive. Especially with the weather like it has been.

Ah schucks I was in your neighborhood today well sort of, I was on Power and Broadway getting my eyes poked by my retina guy. It was not all fun and games, especially before he poked me in the eyeball.

In case it isn't there anymore it was on the main drag of Everett Avenue and Broadway behind the Jack in the box. I think I should have gotten stock in that place.
Though I've never actually noticed it, there's still information on it on the net, and it sounds like it still exists. So what you're saying is they have a stool with your name on it, eh? ;)

Though I've never actually noticed it, there's still information on it on the net, and it sounds like it still exists. So what you're saying is they have a stool with your name on it, eh? ;)
Ya mostly a group of us.

Always had live bands on the weekends, and it was walking distance. We got to meet a lot of the bands.

Now this was over 30 years ago, so I could be wrong, but I think this is the house that I lived in at the time, and you already know where I worked.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d47.987013!4d-122.2050513

Reactions: Squatch
Ya mostly a group of us.

Always had live bands on the weekends, and it was walking distance. We got to meet a lot of the bands.

Now this was over 30 years ago, so I could be wrong, but I think this is the house that I lived in at the time, and you already know where I worked.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/47°59'13.3"N+122°12'18.2"W/@47.9862499,-122.2034612,712m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m14!1m7!3m6!1s0x54900080e95edaf3:0x71b5e8e87625fffe!2sBroadway,+Everett,+WA!3b1!8m2!3d47.9644231!4d-122.2009926!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d47.987013!4d-122.2050513
Small world! I live at the other end of 23rd. Cross the highway, first left onto Harrison Ave. Corner of Harrison and 22nd. Been here since '96. Wild stuff, isn't it? :)

Sorry @Rob5589 we really derailed your thread, but in our defense it is in "off Topic", so we just took it further off topic. @Squatch really knows how to push my buttons.

Yeah, me too, @Rob5589. Me 'n @ac_ just appear to have this ol' town in common, and it's a trip for us every time. :)

:meparto: It's all good!

True story she was the girlfriend of the lead singer of Queensryche.

Along those lines; the ex wife of Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich is a doctor and used to work in one of the ER's I frequented. Yep, she was hot, wore tight ass jeans, rocker boots, studded belt, tight top, and long lab coat. She was very popular with the medics :D
Supposedly Lars would come around and visit from time to time but it was before I was working down there.
women-loved-OJ-02.jpg

Reactions: Squatch and ac_
+1 on the recommendation for the Alamo Draft House. They may cost a bit more, but they have great pre-show stuff and their food is awesome. They're also tough on the no talking/cell phones policy, so the experience watching the movie is usually better too.

It may be a bit much for a normal movie showing, but if there's something big that comes out or if you want to catch some of the old movies they show, it's definitely your best choice.