Your other hobbies?

Hobbies besides tinkering with the TJ include Mountain Biking, Camping, Working on my 2-cyl Diesel Tractor, Exercising (horse back ridding, hiking, biking, walking, swimming, river rafting etc), camping, collecting baseball cards, & looking for that pot of gold with my metal detector.

IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_3873.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_5980.JPG

IMG_4238.jpg

IMG_5963.JPG

There are 3 things I absolutely, positively will NOT involve myself with: Boats, horses, and swimming pools. Wife and I compromised on a Swim Spa, she and I both grew up with horses and know better, but she keeps chipping at me about a damn boat. I keep telling her "Go rent one" - the best boat you can go out on is SOMEBODY ELSE'S!! I worked on the water for 25 years, if I never saw a beach, a boat, or the ocean again, it would be exactly 37 seconds too soon...

There are 3 things I absolutely, positively will NOT involve myself with: Boats, horses, and swimming pools. Wife and I compromised on a Swim Spa, she and I both grew up with horses and know better, but she keeps chipping at me about a damn boat. I keep telling her "Go rent one" - the best boat you can go out on is SOMEBODY ELSE'S!! I worked on the water for 25 years, if I never saw a beach, a boat, or the ocean again, it would be exactly 37 seconds too soon...
You live on an island

I loved my boat. It wasn’t cheap and I don’t miss the expensive part.

9603154E-E69D-4227-B0D5-731BA99CAE1F.jpeg

I guess I forgot in my first post that I do like to hike. I don't get to do it as much as I'd like because it's one hobby I can't take my kids along for yet.

I've summited 12 of Colorado's 14,000'+ peaks. 41 more to go to finish, though my taste for heights/exposure means there's probably only about 16 more that I would definitely do and maybe 14 after those that I might consider in the most perfect of conditions. I don't even have an issue with mild climbing with a place to land if I fall. It's those situations where one wrong move drops you hundreds if not thousands of feet to certain death that I don't feel motivated to get into.

Our horses are in our back yard so cost are minimal since there is no boarding fee. The cost to feed is btwn $90-120, add water so about $150 month. She is a rescue thoroughbred which I paid $500. Had her appraised this past week (3K-3500K). She is a huge gentle giant.

Hobbies besides tinkering with the TJ include Mountain Biking, Camping, Working on my 2-cyl Diesel Tractor, Exercising (horse back ridding, hiking, biking, walking, swimming, river rafting etc), camping, collecting baseball cards, & looking for that pot of gold with my metal detector.

View attachment 202700

View attachment 202701

View attachment 202702

View attachment 202703

View attachment 202704

View attachment 202705

View attachment 202706

View attachment 202707

View attachment 202708

View attachment 202710

View attachment 202711

View attachment 202712
Before buying the one I did, I almost bought a Santa Cruz they were a new company in a little shop in Santa Cruz just 20 minutes over the hill from my house and the best rear suspension around. At the time they used a heavy duty bearing set designed for skate boards at the chain stay, looked at moots too in the end being a gram shaver I stayed with a hard tail...but, I’ve always loved the Santa Cruz bikes.

Thats a hell of a climb you’re hiking up there.

I loved my boat. It wasn’t cheap and I don’t miss the expensive part.

View attachment 202726

I miss boating. When I lived in DFW there were 3 lakes with in 15 miles of my house. Week ends we spent on the Brazos. We spent a lot of time on the water. Now it is at least an hour drive to get to a boat ramp.

@Larry97TJ

That is a pretty good hike. I did it in 1998 and bring enough food. I don't remember the cable path being there. I thought is was more on the back side.

View attachment 202727
I think this was 2000, ya I kind of over did it. We started at 4-5am, didn't get back to camp till 7-9pm. My calf's were screaming sore so lessons learned for me i probably should have camped one day closer to the summit vice making it a one day trip. Great memories though.

I miss boating. When I lived in DFW there were 3 lakes with in 15 miles of my house. Week ends we spent on the Brazos. We spent a lot of time on the water. Now it is at least an hour drive to get to a boat ramp.

I miss it too. We are 45 min from the lake and a hour 25 from the coast.

But it wasn’t cheap. It was $400 easy to go for 8 hours. Caught a lot of crab, salmon and Kokanee to make up for it but....lost my best friend to cancer. Lost the passion.

Our horses are in our back yard so cost are minimal since there is no boarding fee. The cost to feed is btwn $90-120, add water so about $150 month. She is a rescue thoroughbred which I paid $500. Had her appraised this past week (3K-3500K). She is a huge gentle giant.
One of my best friends in the fire department, we started in the same academy had horses his wife’s passion really they boarded them for years until he sold his home in the city and bought 10 acres in Gilroy. He was doing the horse stuff cleaning em up and such, got careless and got kicked in the gut. Ruptured his spleen and died a few days later from complications. Not to be a bummer they are beautiful animals, just really powerful and to be respected

I miss it too. We are 45 min from the lake and a hour 25 from the coast.

But it wasn’t cheap. It was $400 easy to go for 8 hours. Caught a lot of crab, salmon and Kokanee to make up for it but....lost my best friend to cancer. Lost the passion.
Sorry to hear about your friend. Those are some nice fish in the pics.

One of my best friends in the fire department, we started in the same academy had horses his wife’s passion really they boarded them for years until he sold his home in the city and bought 10 acres in Gilroy. He was doing the horse stuff cleaning em up and such, got careless and got kicked in the gut. Ruptured his spleen and died a few days later from complications. Not to be a bummer they are beautiful animals, just really powerful and to be respected

Sad.

My FIL has out his whole life into roping. He’s 72 and still ropes. But he has sacrificed his kids and entire life for horses and we have younger friends who do the same.

I love my dogs like family. I feel horses for some are the same but they COST a lot more.

Hobbies consume people.