YouTube Video Suggestions

Barnacles

I come from a family full of Carpenters, Welders, Mechanics and Electricians but none of them are Car Mechanics. I am now a Maintenance Manager at an industrial facility with a lot of years experience in mechanical, electrical and fabrications but a car mechanic I am not!!! So... I guess my question is this, are there any good video resources out there to really get into the nitty gritty of doing the jobs that are commonly brought up on here? Every time I look on youtube for a video about how to install a lift I feel like I'm watching someone more interested in clicks than really covering what it takes. I know I can do all this work and probably figure it out on my own but I feel like it would end up being far more painful that way. So... @mrblaine @Jerry Bransford @Chris and @ anyone else who might have this resource please let me know. And thanks so much in advance, this forum is incredible with the amount of knowledge it has and its willingness to share it.

Unfortunately (or actually, fortunately) I'm not into the YouTube thing. Only when I'm actually in need of a video tutorial (which is rare) do I ever venture onto YouTube, otherwise I stay away from it for the very reason you mentioned. It's filled with clickbait bullshit from people who are concerned only with clicks and views.

I'm sure there is some good stuff on there, I just don't know who.

I would strongly encourage downloading a copy of the FSM if you don't already have one:

Jeep Wrangler TJ Factory Service Manuals (FSM) & Technical Documentation

Unfortunately (or actually, fortunately) I'm not into the YouTube thing. Only when I'm actually in need of a video tutorial (which is rare) do I ever venture onto YouTube, otherwise I stay away from it for the very reason you mentioned. It's filled with clickbait bullshit from people who are concerned only with clicks and views.

I'm sure there is some good stuff on there, I just don't know who.

I would strongly encourage downloading a copy of the FSM if you don't already have one:

Jeep Wrangler TJ Factory Service Manuals (FSM) & Technical Documentation

I do not and I will certainly start with that.

I do not and I will certainly start with that.

It covers almost everything and in great detail too. Sometimes a video can be helpful, so I totally get that. But in all honesty, I've found if you follow the FSM, it will get you there and back every time.

The majority of kits come with some sort of instructions that will guide you through the process. Very few kits leave you blind. Some certain kits from high end companies will come without instructions.

For a lot of the more basic stuff, the factory service manual is a great place to start. Consider it like the Haynes’ manual for the advanced.

I can’t recommend any specific channels, but generally just searching google for How To videos seems to come up with a good number of videos. Use the search term “TJ” (with the quotes) to get the most specific videos. If you keep getting JK videos or other models, use the negative search terms like -JK (no quotes) to eliminate them.

It covers almost everything and in great detail too. Sometimes a video can be helpful, so I totally get that. But in all honesty, I've found if you follow the FSM, it will get you there and back every time.

It is now donloaded and can you believe my company is nice enough to print and bind it all up for me?

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
The majority of kits come with some sort of instructions that will guide you through the process. Very few kits leave you blind. Some certain kits from high end companies will come without instructions.

For a lot of the more basic stuff, the factory service manual is a great place to start. Consider it like the Haynes’ manual for the advanced.

I can’t recommend any specific channels, but generally just searching google for How To videos seems to come up with a good number of videos. Use the search term “TJ” (with the quotes) to get the most specific videos. If you keep getting JK videos or other models, use the negative search terms like -JK (no quotes) to eliminate them.

Thanks so much

BleepinJeep has a lot of walk through videos. He rarely works on Wranglers but the info is there.

This site has a lot of good videos. There may not be many TJ specific, but so much of our vehicles are standard and you can see what to do. I picked up a few cool tricks in just the few videos I've watched

https://www.1aauto.com/videos?gclid...nvCEeTyAkD9wCRTW9gNJVvRdtse_1o5RoC2ksQAvD_BwE
Also, as someone else mentioned, Matt at BleepinJeep.com

Stu Olson's Offroad site has a lot of write ups that are helpful.

https://www.stu-offroad.com
Thanks so much, I will check him out.

Reactions: pagrey
Reactions: TJ Starting