Zoom sucks

mxz800

Instigator
Supporting Member
or I'm to stupid. My Doctor couldn't see me I guess it was bad lighting? My wife tried two different times with her Doctor, once on a tablet, the other on a cellphone. Her Doctor couldn't hear her either time. So from now on we will either see our Doctors in person, or they can call. They don't need to see us on a fucking video.

My Heart Doctor who deals with people a lot older then me, called on the phone. Wasn't like I could show him my heart.

It does have some pros and cons. I my self would also hate to do that with my doctor or anything like that.

I did have to electrical card renew up date via zoom. Sat in the garage 2 days a week, 3 hours a night for 3 weeks doing it drinking beers. Best class I have ever had lol.

Reactions: TJ Starting
I haven't had these issues, but seriously if you don't want to see me in person what the hell difference is video going to make? Just call me. I work in a top secret SCIF, so we don't have cameras in our computers. I needed to get a prescription refilled, and my doctor wanted to have a video conference. I explained my situation, so she called me. I don't get why the call wouldn't be the preferred method anyway. Maybe they've all invested in Zoom stock?

*100 in regards to Teams. Holy crap, it sucks.

Reactions: Chris
My wife and I have been mostly working remote for the last year and are required to be on video calls everyday, and I mean everyday up to 10 times per day. We rarely have issues with Zoom, Teams, or Webex. I would say that they work over 99% of the time. Our family get-togethers have been using Zoom for some time now. I'm surprised a few of you are having so many issues. Granted, I rarely use them on my phone and that could be the deciding factor.

I haven't had these issues, but seriously if you don't want to see me in person what the hell difference is video going to make? Just call me. I work in a top secret SCIF, so we don't have cameras in our computers. I needed to get a prescription refilled, and my doctor wanted to have a video conference. I explained my situation, so she called me. I don't get why the call wouldn't be the preferred method anyway. Maybe they've all invested in Zoom stock?

*100 in regards to Teams. Holy crap, it sucks.
I was "told" insurance won't pay unless they show proof from zoom, or one of the other medical websites like zoom? I guess they could charge for a call that never happened.

Reactions: RobertJ
We've been using Zoom and Skype for virtual dance/yoga classes. Video quality is hit and miss, but Zoom's is better. I wish Zoom would just drop frames when it has connectivity problems - instead it freezes - then catches up real fast! Not ideal for dance classes.

I was "told" insurance won't pay unless they show proof from zoom, or one of the other medical websites like zoom? I guess they could charge for a call that never happened.
I own a Medical Billing company and been in the field for about 20 years. This is BS. Tele-medicine is billable to EVERY insurance company and video is not a requirement.

I hope I never have to use Zoom. Everyone I know who uses it seems to be stuck in endless Zoom meetings and seems completely miserable. Granted these are tech people, but nonetheless.

My wife is on them morning till night, I have been on about 3 with friends and family and it always go south, no sound or video, freezes.

As far as DR. appt, they have all been in person so far.

The only video Dr.'s appts that I've heard of is if you're positive for the CCP virus. I've seen every doc in person.
We got a call (multiple) from the county health dept. when my daughter tested positive. Then the contact tracers called more than the extended warranty telemarketers.

The only video Dr.'s appts that I've heard of is if you're positive for the CCP virus. I've seen every doc in person.
I have a Dr I see in Boston. Can't find one in Maine that is competent enough to prescribe the correct meds. Long ass drive for them to take my weight and blood pressure so I have been doing tele-medicine for over 2 years now. It wasn't common before COVID but been around for quite some time.

I drive in to work, sit by people I don't work with, and have Teams or Webex meetings with people around the country I do work with.

Same as the last 10 years.

The benefit of going in the office is I get fast internet and I get to live in Omaha instead of in the mountains, at a lake, or on the beach somewhere.

ask your doctor if he can try google meets. It uses the web browser instead of its own aplication, very simple and straight forward to use. I've been taking weekly online lectures since the covid things.