03-06 Radio Bezel On 2000

XCRN

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I bought a touch screen radio like I have on my LJ that fits in Chrysler single DIN spots to put onto my 2000 TJ. I just found out that I cannot just swap the newer 03-06 bezel on. Apparently there is a lot more that changes like the HVAC controls and the radio are spaced differently.

What all do I need to swap an 03-06 bezel onto my 2000? I have the bezel (obviously) and the lower swich panel from an 03. Do I just need to source a dash skin from an 03-06 and swap it onto my dash frame?

You don't have to use the newer bezel unless you just want to. Metra and others make a double din bezel for the older TJs.

Reactions: Cooper Smith
You don't have to use the newer bezel unless you just want to. Metra and others make a double din bezel for the older TJs.

The radio is designed to fit in the factory newer single din spot and I prefer it over majority of the double din offerings on the market for a few reasons.

The only difference in the '03+ radio bezel is the lower section where the switches are does not have the center piece to separate the ash tray from the switches. You can swap in the lower '03+ switch panel and delete the ash tray. I did this in my '00 when I installed the double DIN radio because I wanted more switches. I'm going to be swapping in a 3D printed lower panel next week to add even more factory style switches.

The only difference in the '03+ radio bezel is the lower section where the switches are does not have the center piece to separate the ash tray from the switches. You can swap in the lower '03+ switch panel and delete the ash tray. I did this in my '00 when I installed the double DIN radio because I wanted more switches. I'm going to be swapping in a 3D printed lower panel next week to add even more factory style switches.

I had the newer lower switch panel so that part was fine, but the HVAC controls are recessed to far back and the radio does not line up with the mounting holes.