03-06 seats are higher in my 99 TJ

different bolt pattern with 97-02 bases. I passed on a good deal on 03-06 seats for this reason as they didn't come with the bases to mount to floor (only the seat tracks)
yea, googling it some say yes and some no. one said you need to redrill for the back stud. think i'll give them a try ! worst case I'll have a nice seat for the craftsman mower 🤣

I am only 5' 10". My stock 06 seats had me looking through the bottom 1/3 of the windshield. I have 1.5" risers on it and still have about 4" of headroom-but at least I am looking through the center of the windshield now. That said, I can not imagine wanting to go taller - only so much room under the steering wheel.
—-
In all honestly, I was thinking about where to install my CB/Ham/GMRS type radio on a drive today - a roof mounted shelf would really be out of the way.

Reactions: tr21triton
Can anyone grab a quick measurement of the overall height (seat back with track) and width of an 03 to 06 seat? Found a set and want to make sure they will fit when I pick them up. Should be good, but just want to confirm.

mine didn't fit the 97 bases. the base on my 97 were 14x11in. the mounts on the seat were 11x14in. go figure ! i could of mounted them 90 deg. off but had no where outside the door to relocate the pedals and steering wheel. guess I'll have to get a set of new bases now 😞

mine didn't fit the 97 bases. the base on my 97 were 14x11in. the mounts on the seat were 11x14in. go figure ! i could of mounted them 90 deg. off but had no where outside the door to relocate the pedals and steering wheel. guess I'll have to get a set of new bases now
Sorry, should of explained myself better. Looking for the 03-06 seat overall dimensions to ensure that both driver and passenger seats will fit in my car (Chevy Equinox) when I pick them up.

The seats I am buying are complete with brackets. Plan to just swap them out with my 99 seats.

Reactions: tr21triton