03 Sahara: Shake coming from rear after hitting road bumps at speed (i.e. railroad tracks)

Stockli

TJ Enthusiast
Ok so my track bar replacement fixed my wobble and cured my couple bouts of DW but I have a wobble or shake coming from the rear of the jeep after hitting bumps at speed. Nothing is felt in the steering wheel and the front end feels solid. Its a noisy wobble from the rear I am convinced.

After initial recon I noticed my passenger side sway bar link is completely loose in its bushing, as in I can easily move it around and you can visible see a lot of play.

I also noticed that the lower CA bushings are looking a bit crusty and cracked.

Would bar sway bar links be a main cause of this? I never saw this on my XJ with no rear SB but that was a leaf set up and I am unfamiliar with the rear TJ suspension. Go figure I have had this jeep now for 5 years, lol.

This jeep is my DD right now so everything is still bone stock on the rear end setup and will likely stay that way for the immediate future.

I guess it could be a shock absorber contributing to this? Sounds like a fluttering and a squirrely feeling especially when bump is taken driver side only.

Anyone experience this? Tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited: