05 LS Swap Fuel Setup

theheisk

My LS is done minus an issue I am having with my fuel setup. I am running an aftermarket LS aluminum intake along with the billet fuel rails. My issue is i can't keep the fuel from leaking around the injectors on the drivers side. I am not running a return as the 05's did not come factory this way. I believe I am building up to much pressure that the fuel is blowing past the injectors ORINGS. So, do i need to run a return or a corvette type regulator?

^ like tox says................... what's the pressure at or what's the pump output and are you currently using a regulator?

Thanks Guys! See the attached setup. So, do i
0320221652_HDR.jpg
need to run a return line with the LS1 aftermarket rails and intake? Everything is new. Should the pump stay running engine off/key on?

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
It also looks so nice the way you cleaned and took off everything from under the hood. I am going to do the same thing now.

You should be fine at 55psi. I recall the return-less setup from GM is set to 58psi.
Your leak isn’t due to the pressure or needing a return.
It should run fine as long as the tune is set up for a non-vacuum referenced fuel pressure system.

Thanks for the complement. It still needs some detail work, once I figure out the fuel issue. No A/C, I can still it run but not planning to right now.

You should be fine at 55psi. I recall the return-less setup from GM is set to 58psi.
It should run fine as long as the tune is set up for a non-vacuum referenced fuel pressure system.
Great I think you maybe right. I haven't had it tunes yet.

I don't think any of the factory LS configurations used a vacuum-connected fuel pressure regulator. Especially not any applications with a non-return fuel rail since the regulator would be well away from the engine, at or near the tank itself.

But yes, 55psi is well within spec. A fuel leak at that pressure is just a leak that needs to be fixed, nothing more.