05 Sport build (Mid Life Crisis)

Sold the hardtop.I amost got some red half doors in a trade but the guy wanted my full doors and I’m keeping them.
I feel like hardtop is one of things that you want cause you don’t have one. I’m a soft top kinda guy.
I’m fixing to order the pavement ends by bestop.

Reactions: John Cooper
Went with the bestop. Cause that’s what my gut told me to do 👍

IMG_6098.png

Reactions: John Cooper
I got a dusting. Now it’s sleeting.
Ironically I left my house this morning and no snow at all and still wrecked my truck.
A guy showed down for a rabbit and then slammed on the brakes. I slowed down but wasn’t ready for the stop.

View attachment 491675

I hate it when people do that crap. :mad::mad:

Slowing down is one thing, but it's a freaking animal!!!!!!! Don't slam on your brakes and wreck you or someone else!!!!!!!

Bleeding heart folks!!!!!!!

Reactions: DougyintheBushies
Good deal, this is what I drove in on the way home. Not really bad, but I think tomorrow will be worse.
20240115_114934.jpg

The driver of the sportrac couldn't figure out what to do. Guy was all over the road.

• Love
He’s going auto!
Mine started auto and the P.O. Swapped in this nsg370.
I wish mine was still auto🙁.
I’m almost positive I have a chipped drive gear .
It makes noise rotational clunk in every gear under load.
I can’t take it anymore!

Once again I stand by my humor - not necessarily my accuracy… 😀

Ordered a clutch and a boot for the shifter. I’m gathering parts for an ax15 swap.

AX-15 is the swap the guys at Advance Adapters (AA) told me is most common for NSG370 folks. I hope it goes well for you. I can't take the NSG370 anymore either, and I don't think it will be long before people with that transmission are in a bind as to what to do. The guys at AA told me they did not know of a reputable rebuilder of the NSG370 transmission. I know Hayward had a good experience so far, but it may just be luck of the draw. I couldn't stomach it because my crawl ratio would drop from 81:1 to 69:1 and even if I re-geared to 5.13 I'd only be at 79:1 and my driveshaft would be giving me vibes in the 55-60mph range, which is intolerable, so it would cost me another $3,000 for regearing and hubs if I went that route. Further, I just don't want to be shifting a manual all my life. I hope my swap works, and I wish you the best of luck. It seems pretty doable and will become more common.

AX-15 is the swap the guys at Advance Adapters (AA) told me is most common for NSG370 folks. I hope it goes well for you. I can't take the NSG370 anymore either, and I don't think it will be long before people with that transmission are in a bind as to what to do. The guys at AA told me they did not know of a reputable rebuilder of the NSG370 transmission. I know Hayward had a good experience so far, but it may just be luck of the draw. I couldn't stomach it because my crawl ratio would drop from 81:1 to 69:1 and even if I re-geared to 5.13 I'd only be at 79:1 and my driveshaft would be giving me vibes in the 55-60mph range, which is intolerable, so it would cost me another $3,000 for regearing and hubs if I went that route. Further, I just don't want to be shifting a manual all my life. I hope my swap works, and I wish you the best of luck. It seems pretty doable and will become more common.

I would love to go back auto and might be easier for me than you since mine still has the auto pcm. But I feel like ax15 is the easiest cheapest option. I hope your swap goes well also. Thanks

• USA Proud
Reactions: John Cooper and JMT